OT: V8 H2 engine

Now this look exciting!

I love the quiet part.

But is begs the question as to why not use a fuel cell and an electric motor. They are a ton more reliable than all those moving parts.

The mere fact that the demoncrats are pushing electric vehicles tells me that EVs are the wrong solution.

Reply to
Karen

The correct name is "coal powered vehicles".

1+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some are but that will change. You really have to work to the future and think ten and twenty years ahead. Some day we will run out of oil and as we get closer, the price will skyrocket. You and I will be gone by then but our grandkids will see it.

EVs are not for everyone yet but getting better. Just as the auto industry evolved over a century, EVs will evolve too. So will other power sources.

Have you driven an EV? They are quite nice and getting better. If I had two cars, one probably would be electric. The market is starting to determine there is an EV future.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm likely one of the very few here who owned and drove an EV before the year 2000 - and DEFINITELY one of the very few who have built one.

4 passenger coupe in 1980-83. Pretty low tech by today's standards but it was "viable". 50 mile range at 30mph, 30 mile range at 50MPH, top speed about 55-58mph. Back then a full charge cost me half what the equivalent amount of gas cost - about $0.35 if I remember corectly.
Reply to
Clare Snyder

Not yet. I like the quiet. Don't like the rolling fire bomb thing and the long charge times. And to cold weather problems.

What did you use for an engine? I have heard of using aircraft starter engines

Give it 3 to 5 years Charging times will be 10 minutes, batteries better with no lithium

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That will be awesome to watch unfold.

Those lithium batteries are sure nasty polluters to create and recycle/dispose of.

Have you seem those new H2 ceramic disk batteries? From what I saw, it was complete BS.

What a bunch of crap Bob.

Dont believe that.

Or that last either.

Reply to
Jacob Jones

I've been hearing about "miracle batteries just around the corner" for electric cars for the last 40 years or more. I won't be holding my breath.

Not going to do it. No electric car for me. Just the fact that government, in particular DemocRATs, want me in an electric car is reason enough to never own one.

Reply to
Roger Blake

The best electric vehicles would be trains pulling boxcars loaded with Leftists to predetermined points around the country where they can then be exterminated.

Reply to
Roger Blake

This is more totally 'RAT "thinking". No doubt brain fog from being injected with toxic Covid "vaccines" that do nothing to prevent the spread of disease.

I don't care what government wants. I don't care what DemocRATs want. And I certainly don't care what *you* want, n*****ts.

I say death to the American Left. It can't come too soon.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Already exist in limited quantities. Science is a wonderful thing

Ed Pawlowski

Now that is a stupid reason. I'll buy one when it suites my needs no matter what political party happens to be in power.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You're confused again, probably because you're listening to Trump. He's like one of those villains in a circa 1900 film, dressed in black, smoking a big cigar, riding around in a horseless carriage, scaring women and children off the streets, with his big factories spewing smoke in the background. He's one of the few nuts advocating expanding coal burning. Actually electricity generated from coal has been steadily declining, it's gone from 50% of all US production in 2000 to 20% today. Renewables produce 21%.

Reply to
trader_4

And you've also closed your eyes to the huge advancements, like that there are now production electric vehicles with a 400 mile range. From the perspective of 40 years ago, there is your miracle.

Sad that your thinking is based on party, not on facts.

Reply to
trader_4

All while the two-faced hypocritical lying elitist democrats fly around in their private Gulfstreams burning up insane amounts of jet fuel. Not one of the leftist sock cuckers flies a Pipistrel electric.

Pthirus Pubis

There are a lot of us that do not want to be forced by government to buy a certain type of car or being told how much water we can use to flush our toilet.

I personally would buy an electric car if cheaper and more economical than a gasoline powered one. Also not subsidized by government.

Reply to
invalid unparseable