Dehumidifier - Making it Quiet(er)

I recently bought a 45 pint Fedders dehumidifier, with a digital humidity controls and display.

It works very efficiently at removing moisture, or so it seems, however after several days, it developed the kind of vibration rattling that I've always disliked. Put your hand on the machine and the noise will go away. Seems like poor cabinet design with some panels vibrating against each other. Seen the same condition in my father's sears model, years ago.

I'd like to take the DH apparat and glue in some cork or padding, where possible, to dampen the amount of noise it emits.

Has anyone tried this with any success? What off-the-shelf materials for doing this can I find in Home Depot and Pep Boys?

I've seen sound dampening pads in JC Whitney, but I would prefer to find something available.

Reply to
MS

Return it get a Kenmore they are very quiet

Reply to
m Ransley

You'd probably want to use something that doesn't absorb water. Things that come to mind are the blue styrofoam panels they put under house siding, rubber (e.g., strips cut from an inner tube), the foam covers used to insulate pipes, or perhaps a dab of silicone bathtub caulk at contact points.

Reply to
rufo