OT: USS Nevada and D-Day

Hi All,

This is a 13:57 fascinating and inspirational documentary video on the previously sunk (at Perl Harbor) U.S.S. Nevada and her role in D-Day.

U.S.S. Nevada

That many rounds and that much heat build up and still accurate over 17 miles. That is something to behold. And I can not think of a nicer bunch of guys to be on the business end of her furry!

I wonder if there saws anyone actually from Nevada on her?

-T

The Nevada proves that Squids is good for other things than just cracking jokes about.

The Mk 1 fire control computer had inputs to deal with all of those things and much more. After all it was designed to hit other ships 17 miles away in rough seas and both of them moving at top speed. They did it all with a computer that worked with gears and cams, nothing electronic at all.

Reply to
gfretwell