OT. Tesla Fire

Libs do not seem to realize when I say "Coal Powered", that I am making fun of them as well as making a point.

Libs only care about their intentions, but never their results

I have said on numerous occasions that I have no objection to electric cars but the lib attitude of one size fits all and jamming it down our throat is causing massive disruptions. My comment was Rome was not built in a day means it will take time.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Yes and their good intentions usually give bad results.

Also reminds me of Obama's comment, "Do not underestimate the ability of Biden to f*ck things up."

Reply to
invalid unparseable

The school lunch program will be used as a lever to make schools let boys into girls' restrooms.

Dean Hoffman

Frank! Why are you using common sense again! What have I told you about that!

I see coal power rolling fire bombs as a rich man's toy. And I want rich folks to spend their money. Gives the rest of us jobs.

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want to subsidize their toys though. Buy your own damned car (and photo-voltaic panels)!

What I do not want is the elites in the government dictating what we do with our lives. Let the market decide. We know best how to run our own lives. Fascism (real Fascism, not what the extreme Left call anyone they disagree with) is evil.

The free market:

1) the free and open exchange of good and services between consenting parties.

2) to meet your own needs, you MUST meet the needs of your customers

You know, this is not the first time electric vehicles were produced. They died off for pretty much the same reasons the current fire bombs are not popular with but a minority: range. They were not big fire hazards back then though. No lithium batteries

Oh lord was that an understatement !!!!

EV's may have a niche market and the market should decide how big it is. It is incredibly stupid to let politicians dictate it.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

So the above is not factual? The media just made it all up?

Reply to
trader_4

This looks like sarcasm to you?

You're must be even more addled than I thought.

Reply to
trader_4

OK so part of it is fun but you also admit that you are making a point. So, since you admit that you were also making a point, about what are you complaining?

Reply to
trader_4

Funny that we didn't hear you here bitching about coal for 4 years while Trump was president and advocating for burning more clean, beautiful coal. But now all of a sudden it's a negative somehow.

How many more years would it have taken Detroit to increase MPG, to put in seatbelts, airbags, bumpers that can survive low speed crashes, etc, reduce emissions, without federal mandates? Why is that kind of intervention unacceptable, but Trump trying to extort Zelensky to conduct crazy investigations into his rivals or trying to extort Raffensperger to change enough votes for him to win is OK?

Reply to
trader_4

More common sense again...

Have you noticed that when politicians decide things, that their donors and themselves get really rich? And the public gets screwed.

If you haven't noticed there are a lot of things America once could do that puzzles the current crop. It's like the Dark Ages people looking at remnants of Roman engineering with no idea of how it was done.

Reply to
rbowman

I doubt Gibbon would need six volumes to explain the decline and fall of the US empire though. We're on the fast track.

Reply to
rbowman

All the power distribution engineers retired last year.

Reply to
rbowman

+1.
Reply to