OT. Tesla Fire

All of the electrical controls quit working including the door locks. There is an emergency release but maybe it isn't obvious enough,

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I am surprised they were able to put it out. Bet the battery was nowhere near full charge.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Yes, when the electric car fanboy morons point out gasoline cars that catch on fire they fail to point out just how much more difficult (almost impossible) it is to put out an electric car fire if the batteries are anywhere near fully charged.

I don't care what liberal scum want, I will never own an electric car.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Or it was not the battery that was on fire. Maybe he was a smoker?

Roger!

Not all Electric Vehicles (EV) are alike! Coal powered rolling firebombs store their energy in highly flammable Lithium batteries.

These are the ones the Left Wing Extremists, who can't figure out which bathroom to use and who coincidentally think they know better how to run everyone's lives than we do ourselves (Fascists), want us to buy by artificially running up gasoline prices.

There are other EV without this issue. Natural gas, hydrogen, methanol fuel cell vehicles for instance. Oh they have small batteries, as regular cars do, but as far as I can tell it is a super capacitors or a lead acid batteries.

And Fuel Cell EV's don't pollute the hell out of our environment in their productions and recycling.

If Subaru made one, I'd love a natural gas fuel cell EV. But the price would have to be reasonable. Hydrogen, if fuel prices came down too.

And, oh please, oh please, let the market do its thing without interference from Fascists who think they know better.

-T

p.s. I'd never buy a Coal powered rolling firebomb either.

According to T, once an EV catches fire, it's over. No exceptions.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I thought about the old "emergency" brakes when I read the article. Something seldom, if ever, used and out of sight. Teslas don't seem to have a door handle someone would think to grab in a panic situation.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Funny we didn't hear you bitching about coal for 5 years when Trump was running and president. He went around promoting beautiful, clean coal and wanted to burn more of it. Even today many conservatives keep pointing to the US coal reserves and how we should be using them. Yet when it comes to EVs, suddenly the narrative totally changes. What's up with that?

Of course not, because they aren't in production, at least in anything more than demonstration numbers.

If wishes were fishes. I guess Elon Musk and all the rest must be stupid to be using batteries instead of fuel cells. You should go help them out.

Really? Wow, who would have ever thought that?

Reply to
trader_4

Maybe you should read?

“All of a sudden, my car just shut down. It just said ‘error error error,’ and all then of a sudden the battery started smoking,” he said.
Reply to
trader_4

While there may have been emergency brakes long, long ago, all the cars I've had they were parking brakes. And they don't have very much stopping power. Try it sometime in a parking lot. It's better than nothing, but if you're going 60 and have 150 ft to stop, good luck.

Reply to
trader_4

So the nation's electric grid is strained to the max, blackouts are predicted and the guy you voted for wants us to switch to electric cars?

Karen

I only voted for Biden because Trump was far worse. He proved how right I and so many other former Republicans were in his final two months with his stolen election lies, abusing the presidency to try to deny the votes of Americans like me, calling his supporters to DC on Jan 6, telling them to go fight like hell, directing them at the Capital to try to remain in power. And that's because with Trump, it;s always been about him, not about the greater good or anyone else. The voters of GA just handed him a huge defeat last night, Gov Kemp won by 3 to 1 over Trump's stooge, Raffensperger, who stood up to Trump in those final months and followed the law, easily won too.

Reply to
trader_4

Biden says we have to suffer these pains to come back better:

The incredible transition will be the destruction of the democrat party and its rising from the ashes as the party of our fathers.

Last I heard he wants to ease the pain of the diesel shortage by opening heating oil reserves. I cannot wait for the winter when I will either freeze or go bankrupt for lack of heating oil and price. Lefty here said too bad there are only 5% with your problem.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

We disagree. I think you were duped by the media.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

With libs having taken control of your mind you do not understand sarcasm now.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

You can enlarge the grid. They built it once, they can do it again.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Quit thinking like a lib. Rome was not built in a day.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Barge on fire in Delaware river reminded me of cargo ship carrying thousands of cars from Germany caught fire and sank:

"While there is no official report about what caused the blaze, captain Joao Mendes Cabecas of the port of Hortas told Reuters that he believed lithium-ion batteries in the electric cars inside the ship caught fire."

Reply to
invalid unparseable

WTF?????? The grid has needed improvement for some time now and this may push it to be done right. How is that a lib thing? We should do nothing? Technology should not advance?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Oh Geez!