OT - talk like a pirate day (2023 Update)

Sept 19, I missed it.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

ARRRRRR! ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

More evidence that Mormons don't make good pirates...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote

There is a HILARIOUS indie movie that came out several years, "Pirates of the Great Salt Lake", which I'm not sure is available on DVD or not. It was screened in SF at one of our movie festivals shortly after it was produced, and the producers had been looking for additional funding.

Anyhow, here's a URL that describes the movie:

David Kaye

That's for sure! Try Muslims, instead.

Christ>

More evidence that Mormons don't make good pirates...

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do you have any in mind?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Somali pirates? O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Your new faith?

Frank

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:bhE6s.127193$ snipped-for-privacy@fed16.iad:

Betcha Adam Savage from Mythbusters didn't miss it!

Reply to
Tegger

But Obama is Kenyan.

Reply to
krw

I dunno, never did conduct casting interviews.

Christ>

Do you have any in mind?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My heros. Those guys are insane, in a good way.

.

Betcha Adam Savage from Mythbusters didn't miss it!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Duh!!! You have to buy a casting couch, first!!!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I've bought about a dozen of them, but the ## applicants keep stealing them. And then they pull a sword, and demand all my riches and women.

Christ>

Duh!!! You have to buy a casting couch, first!!!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Here is the trailer and the movie.

CanopyCo

Casting couches are for the women, silly rabbit! Then they steal your riches.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No one likes hairy mascots.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The English-speaking pirates were mercenaries England used to fight a low-intensity trade war with Spain. One was knighted and became Governor of Jamaica:

Jim Wilkins

Nice people politely say YESSIR! to their foreign masters.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

The dead ones don't get a second chance to say it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell