OT: Sue Roseanne?

I wonder if a suit against Roseanne by some of those injured by her actions, eg the other cast members, would have a chance of success? The angle being that what she did was reckless, malicious, it comes from a pattern of similar reckless behavior, the result was predictable, no surprise and it caused them great financial damage. You;d think some lawyer would be ready to bring it.

Children go crying to their teacher or their mother if someone hits them. Adults should just fight back and grow up.
--
War is god's way of teaching Americans geography -- Ambrose Bierce

On Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 12:29:00 PM UTC-4, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote :
ote:

o harm YOU? Has Roseanne cost YOU any money? Did Roseanne eat your pet? Did Roseanne break into your home and empty your refrigerator? Do you know Ros eanne personally or does she even know your name? Do you know anyone who is associated with Roseanne? Do you support "Freedom of speech" for EVERYONE, not just Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Moonbat Freaks? Do you think Political Correctness should be codified and made into a law? Should Roseanne be arr ested because you and the other Liberal Leftist Weasels were offended by an ything she has said? Should Roseanne be executed for what she has said? o_O

Adults should just fight back and grow up.

And of course one way you fight back is by suing those that have harmed you and caused you damages with reckless behavior. Thanks for making my point.
On 5/31/2018 12:28 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Snowflake are easily offended. It hurts their feelings.
On Thu, 31 May 2018 08:37:30 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

That might be an interesting piece of juris prudence but I doubt it goes anywhere. Roseanne would just blame ABC for over reacting ... as they did.

If she did not breach her contract she could sue ABC. Also cutting off reruns deprives not only her but rest of cast from residuals and they could have a cause to sue ABC as they had nothing to do with her current behavior.
On 5/31/2018 3:06 PM, Frank wrote:

Most contracts state they can fire you for bad behavior type stuff so she would have nothing but opinion to stand on. Happens often wit celebrities that do product endorsement and get caught doing something bad.

It's not happening in the NFL : ) or the democratic party
On Thu 31 May 2018 01:33:29p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

Roseanne Barr should have been put out of her and everyone else's misery long before she hit the stand-up circuit.
Trailer trash will always be trailer trash regardlss of how much money she makes.

On 6/1/2018 12:19 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

I found her wiki bio very interesting. Really strange life and up-bringing. I liked her early act but candidly had no interest in her other stuff and never watch situation comedies any way. But, this situation is also strange as her bizarre antics brought in more viewers. I suspect she lost her job because the same crowd that goes after the 2nd amendment wants to curtail the 1st to their needs. They probably used fake computer generated email and posts to convince the network it would be bad for her if they did not get rid of her.
On 6/1/2018 8:31 AM, Frank wrote:

We like to look at train wrecks. More interest in celebrity bad publicity than good. There are two shows that come on after the news, Extra is one, that pretty much exist on garbage gossip.

Losing sponsors is more of a problem.
On 6/1/2018 8:58 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Not sure what they lost in sponsorship but this is another tactic to deluge them with negative comments, also mostly fake, and make them drop the show.
On Friday, June 1, 2018 at 9:23:50 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

in

this

s.

ews,

s after

Please provide us your evidence of this fake comment campaign. It's curious that you make this unsupported allegation while being in complete denial about the real fake operations that were run by the Russians to influence the election and the continuing fake news that comes out of the Trump WH almost daily.

Why would anyone want to look at an obese woman?

--
Went to the pub with my girlfriend last night.
Locals were shouting "paedophile!" and other names at me, just because my girlfriend is 21 and I'm 50.
On Friday, June 1, 2018 at 8:32:23 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Ah yes, another grand conspiracy theory, completely devoid of fact. Roseanne screwed the pooch, she got what more like her should get. Good riddance, though I suspect like so many others she will re-emerge somewhere. The only one I can think of that got deep-sixed permanently is Paula Deen.
trader_4 posted for all of us...

I believe she has some cooking show somewhere on TV.
--
Tekkie

On Monday, June 4, 2018 at 6:04:03 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:

Looks like she's on RFD-TV which is some streaming only platform. It's a l ong, long way from being a Food Network star. But I guess if you want to watch her cook fat and carb laden food that will give you diabetes, she's there.
On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 20:55:41 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

RFD-TV is everywhere. Cable/satellite has it and I think it is even on a sub channel of some OTA broadcast stations.
AT&T (Channel 568 & 1568) Charter Spectrum Comcast Cox DIRECTV (Channel 345) DIRECTV NOW: click here DISH (Channel 231) Mediacom Roku Sling TV's Heartland Package Suddenlink The Country Club
On 6/4/18 10:55 PM, trader_4 wrote:

RFD is on Dish satellite. The RFD is a reference to the postal service of rural free delivery. My parent's address was Rural Route 2, Corn Ear, Nebraska. There is one show with a couple brothers discussing the latest farming techniques. There is a horse training show. It has something called Larry's Diner which has country bands playing in a diner. Last but not least is the old Hee Haw show.
trader_4 posted for all of us...

ly

long,

.
Not me. I never liked her to begin with. I know how to change channels.
--
Tekkie