OT: Stupid bar stools!

Yesterday, I stumped a toe on the stool in the kitchen. I didn't really hit it that hard, but it hurt so much I thought I was going to cry. I babied it a while, and it finally quit hurting.

A couple hours later I noticed it had a good size bruise on it, and it's still sore. So, I put a small bandaid around it to cushion it.

Last night, I thought I was being careful, but I still thumped the same toe AGAIN on a different stool! OMG! THE PAIN A SMALL TOE CAN cause!

How do I know if it's broken, or if I just bruised it real bad?

Reply to
Muggles

Speaking from similar experience, if it's cocked off to one side, it's broken.....but the only way to tell for sure is X-ray.

Even if it is broken though, the "treatment" is to tape the broken toe to the one next to it that ain't broken and either wear strap-over sandals or a shoe with a real big toe box for a while.

Broken or not, they recommend rest, elevating your foot above your heart (easier if you lay down!) and apply ice for 15-20 minutes every few hours.

You probably ought to lay off practicing your field goal kicking for a while too ;-)

Reply to
Wade Garrett

The stools are saying "who are you calling stupid"?

Reply to
gfretwell

When I bumped it a second time after trying to be careful NOT to do that again, I wanted to throw the bar stool out the front door with a few choice words! But, I was too busy icing it and wincing in pain. LOL

I've never gotten a bruise like I've got on that toe any of the previous times I've done similar. It looks pretty bad, but strangely enough it doesn't throb - it only hurts if I have to actually move the toe. The band-aid around it keeps it mostly immobile.

Reply to
Muggles

HAHAHA! yeah. It's a conspiracy.

Reply to
Muggles

I might have broken my baby toe once on dresser leg at night. Doctors office said broken or not they would just tape it to the others until it stopped hurting. I did it my self.

Reply to
Frank

First looking at title of post, I thought you fell off one.

Reply to
Frank

Muggles wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@reader443.eternal-september.org:

I did that a few months ago and suffered for several weeks.

I forget what they said, but Google for something like "broken toe symptoms". Mine wasn't.

Good luck!

Reply to
KenK

I'm pretty sure I broke my right big toe years ago because it healed slightly crooked. That thing hurt for a month, at least.

Reply to
Muggles

LOL hahaha!

Reply to
Muggles

A few years ago walking in the winter with icy patches I fell and hurt wrist. Just used ice and heat and wrist band. A few weeks later I fell in the yard on same wrist but thought I had an evulsion fracture of the thumb. Went to the doctor, got an x-ray and splint and made an appointment with hand surgeon. Thumb tendon was stretched but not fractured. X-ray showed small break in my wrist from the first fall that was healing.

My wife fell against a desk thumping her ribs a day before we were heading to a conference. It hurt for her to play tennis and when we got back a week later was still hurting, waited a couple of more weeks and went to the doctor. He said there was no break. She thought there was so he said he was going to have an x-ray taken to prove her wrong, but it turned out, she was right. Rib had broken but was healing.

So you can break a bone without knowing it and it can heal by itself.

Reply to
Frank

Give it a few days, and if it's broken, it will still hurt when you wiggle it.

I had ingrown big toe nails, all 4 corners from as early as I can remember. Went to a GP and to a surgeon, tried soaking in K2Mn04, packing with cotton, but I drew the line when the surgeon suggested cutting (which I had heard didn't always work). So when I was in the

8th grade I was determined to just let them grow out.

They hurt whenever they were touched. If they were touched hard, the pain would ring up my toe, my foot, and my leg. I learned to put my socks on before putting on my pants to protect the toes, and I learned to tuck in my foot when I went around obstacles. My 9th grade Latin teacher noticed that I had shoe polish on the inside of my pants cuffs, which is remarkable since I don't remember ever polishing my shoes.

They would grow out a litte and then some substance secreted by the toes would cause part of that to break off. It took 5 years to grow out, just in time for spring of my freshman college year (although no one went barefoot even though it was the 60's.) I was sure one or both would get infected again, but they haven't.

Reply to
micky

I've kept it covered with a band-aide that is padded, but the bruise is still there, and the pain isn't as bad as it was last night.

Reply to
Muggles

My husband fell onto the cedar chest at the foot of our bed and found out some weeks later that he had cracked a couple of ribs from it, but by that time they had healed up.

Reply to
Muggles

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 04:36:57 +0100, Uncle Monster w= rote:

rote:

turn into a sexual discussion! It really sucks! =E3=83=BD(=E3=83=85)=E3=83= =8E

Without hearing you speak, it's not easy to tell.

casm in a statement. If they are disturbed by it they will have a HISSY = fit. America was founded by religious wackos who came to The New World t= o escape religious oppression in Europe. When the numbers of colonists g= ot large enough and the people decided they wanted to rule themselves an= d not be under the boot of a tyrannical king on the other side of an oce= an, there was war and Americans won their freedom. I'm not prudish mysel= f but enough people remain religious enough that I don't roll around nek= id and I take care in what popular rude colloquialisms I might shout in = a public place. =E3=83=BD(^o^)=E3=83=8E

I don't. I use whatever swearwords I wish in public. And when I go run= ning/swimming/cycling outdoors, I go naked. It's their problem not mine= .

-- =

After pleading no contest to burglarizing Britney Spears's home, four me= n received three years of probation. All they had to do was sign an agreement not to reveal what they stole f= rom the house or how many batteries it took.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 10:56:16 +0100, Uncle Monster w= rote:

ote:

turn into a sexual discussion! It really sucks! =E3=83=BD(=E3=83=85)=E3=83= =8E

mart version Diet Mountain Lightning. I get my caffeine from the diet dr= inks. I'm not partial to The Teabag Party because they're not ballsy eno= ugh to take on the government. =E3=83=BD(=E3=83=85)=E3=83=8E

Mountain Dew sounds like mineral water. How on earth can you have a die= t version of that?!?

-- =

Heard on a public transportation vehicle while in Orlando: "When you exit this vehicle, please be sure to lower your head and watch= your step." "If you fail to do so, please lower your voice and watch your language."=

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Your sunburned todger is all your problem...

Reply to
rbowman

The only people who get sunburn are the fools who use suncream, so their skin never gets used to it. It's similar to an addiction, once you start using suncream, you need to keep using it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 22:05:20 +0100, Uncle Monster w= rote:

ou turn into a sexual discussion! It really sucks! =E3=83=BD(=E3=83=85)=E3= =83=8E

Walmart version Diet Mountain Lightning. I get my caffeine from the diet= drinks. I'm not partial to The Teabag Party because they're not ballsy = enough to take on the government. =E3=83=BD(=E3=83=85)=E3=83=8E

diet version of that?!?

has a lot of sugar and caffeine. The diet version has all the caffeine w= ithout the sugar. It will wake you up. The caffeine augments the action = of the NSAID I take to help mitigate my pain and the Phenylalanine the M= ountain Dew contains also has pain killing properties. Diet Mountain Lig= htning is sold in Walmart stores and is similar to Diet Mountain Dew but= does't contain as much caffeine. ^_^

I've tried coffee and tea. They're both disgusting, didn't quench my th= irst, and didn't wake me up.

-- =

Maybe the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence because tha= t is where the leaky septic tank is buried.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword