Cherry Bar Stools (Newbie)

Very new to woodworking, I have made a couple of tables and small projects, but nothing major. I have a large piece of Wild Cherry wood, literally a log. It is about 2 1/2 feet in diameter and has sat outside aging for 3 years. What would be the problems of me slicing middle sections out of this log and making them into barstools. I can sand and plane the wood down pretty easily but is there strenght limatations to just taking a full section out like that. Just real casual barstools, nothing great.

Reply to
Brad Filipovich

When you say "full section", do you mean crosscut? As you might with a chain saw? Not a strong seat, i'd think.Could still be wet, too. One way to find out, though. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom