OT - Rite Aid pharmacy now spies on customers

But hardware stores don't have sale prices, at least not on anything I buy. HOw do they get people to sign up for the card.

Reply to
mm

Lyrics to a popular song from back in the day.

Do a Google search on 'lyrics 867-5309'. It explains it better than I could. Catchy little tune.

Reply to
aemeijers

I always tell paranoid people to use my phone number at Ace Hardware and I will live with the stigma of having them think I bought your stuff.

I also get a card in the mail every month or so that rebates me 2% of every dime spent on that number.

Reply to
gfretwell

You'd be surprised. Many do it to validate their existence - they matter to someone. I've seen people in line with 20 or more of those little tags on a special keychain. It's the same sort of pathology that drives people to collect 10,000 "friends" on facebook.

RiteAid, and others, are more than willing to feed this mental defect in return for the loyalty of folks giving them money.

Reply to
HeyBub

Shiny side *out*.

Reply to
krw

Except that there is no loyalty. They also have CVS and Walgreen's tags on their chain.

Reply to
krw

How do they get SSN or e-mail address off a check?

Reply to
krw

Shoulda had the warranty.

Reply to
krw

Fleetwood is a Cadillac. Hmm...

Reply to
krw

At least not your own CC or check.

Fake ID

IOW, they can't (any more readily than any other means). You lied.

Then why did you say SSN and e-mail address?

Reply to
krw

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Some people are dumb enough to have the SS printed on the check!!! yup, I've seen it.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

A hundred years ago, perhaps, when DL#s and student ID# were SSNs.

Reply to
krw

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Recently. .

Reply to
RobertPatrick

OT. Washington state finally removed the SSN from the driver's license not all that long ago.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

SMS wrote in news:4d35df71$0$43981$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net:

The person must have ordered a boat load of checks and is still using them with the SS # on it.

Reply to
RobertPatrick