Now what? (OT?)

It's been a couple years ago, I believe I posted in this group. I can't find my reference post, and perhaps posted under a different name.

It concerned Maytag Neptune problem. To bring everything up to date, I will give a brief history. Machine was getting mildew, and had a bad vibration, after a couple years old. After a phone call (a couple years ago), Maytag sent out a questionnaire in my name, along with purchase date, model, & serial#. It was in reference to the class action suit. I filled in the description of the problems I was having, and sent it back in. It had said I would receive a certificate towards a new Neptune worth (I believe) $500.00

I hadn't held out much hope to hear anything, because I had read the lawyers got something like $8 million, for a $10 million suit.

Onto early last year, I went out a purchased a new washer (yep, Neptune, just asking for trouble!). So far, so good.

So, this week I get a call on my voice mail, telling me to call this 800# regarding the class action suit. I call, and the gal on the other end tells me to give her my model & serial #. I tell her, all that information was on the paperwork sent in, and in fact, it was filled in on the papers when they sent me the papers. So, they have all the information needed. She then proceeds to tell me, they will come out and look at the washer, to see if it can be repaired. Kinda left me speechless for a minute. I asked her how long did they think I would hold onto the junk, waiting around. She told me, they need to look at it. Well, I junked it out over a year ago. She told me, there's nothing they could do and I wouldn't be included in the class action suit, unless I produced the washer within 14 days.

I was willing to let bygones be bygones, but this kinda poured salt into the wound.

I feel like just letting it go, but geesh.

Reply to
George L.

Actually if you read the settlement it had a clause that provided one more opportunity to repair unless you didn't have the washer any more. I don't know if there was a rule about keeping the washer from the date you signed on but if it was already gone you were supposed to get something like money or coupon, etc.

If it was a coupon then it was worthless as far as I can see. Maytag products are just plain trash now. I just trashed a 2 year old Maytag dishwasher. 4 or 5 repairs in 2 years is ridiculous. Good luck with your Neptune. You were nuts to buy it. You should have bought the Whirlpool front loader instead.

By the way Lowes has cheap prices on service agreements. A 4 year add on was just $90 so my new dishwasher that came with a 2 year warranty is covered for 6 years.

Reply to
Art

(Snip)

Many other dozens of complaints about Maytag Neptunes at:

joanne__king