OT. PTX SOS

This beats listening to our exalted leaders calling each other liars. I betcha the regular denizens here remember the originals.

Yes, there are commercials to make the world go 'round.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Reminds me of parody I saw yesterday:

invalid unparseable

I don't get the connection. The links I included are to the a cappella group Pentatonix. The first is them singing The Songs of Silence. Simon and Garfunkle did that long ago. The second is them backing up Dolly Parton singing Jolene. She first did that back in 1973. They won NBC's The Sing Off competition one year so they ain't half bad.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Not only do I remember the originals , I have the albums ...

Reply to
Snag

No, it's not, and no, they didn't.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

Yes , it was , and i think he means "the sounds of silence" . And yes , S&G did do that one . There is another version of it out too , some tattooed guy that does IMO second only to S&G . "Hello darkness my old friend ..." In fact , I think I heard that tune (S&G version) just a couple of days ago in the car - I know it's on the USB stick that's in the radio .

Reply to
Snag

She's right. I screwed up the title for The Sounds of Silence. I suppose you know Eddie Van Halen died.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Disturbed? He doesn't have ink though.

Reply to
rbowman

Yeah , my wife told me she had seen it on Facebook . I was never much of a fan ... which doesn't detract from his talent or the sense of loss many feel .

Reply to
Snag

Yeah , Disturbed . Does he have a lot of piercings ? OK , I just looked , not a lot but I did remember he was "adorned" .

Reply to
Snag

I'm sure I would know some of their songs if I heard them but the only title I can come up with is 'Sensible Shoes' which I think was David Lee Roth after he left the band.

Reply to
rbowman

Van Halen started out as Genesis. A couple songs were "Jump" and "Running with the Devil".

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

[Sigh] No, that is not true. The first video is not a performance of The Songs of Silence, and Simon and Garfunkle never performed a song with that title.
Reply to
RosemontCrest

Dean Hoffman

Too bad your attention span isn't long enough to read a whole sentence . I said : " Yes , it was , and I think he means "the sounds of silence" . And yes , S&G did do that one ." Oh dear me , that was 2 whole sentences , hope your brain doesn't overload and explode .

Reply to
Snag

It is unfortunate for you that you can't distinguish between "The Songs of Silence" and "The Sound of Silence." Simon and Garfunkel never performed "The Songs of Silence." Even the OP, Dean Hoffman, admitted to his mistake. I observe that you behave with tendencies of a moron.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

I brought it back up on 10/18 because I think I ran across the version you mentioned. The guy calls himself Disturbed. The first of the two added links is it.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman