OT: Neutering pets

That wasn't my point. We hung bells on the door for our indoor/outdoor cats.

We also installed cat doors to the garage and then to the outside. The bells were only for night time hours when the raccoons were out and we had to lock the cat doors.

My question was for Commander Krazy ---err---umm---I mean Kinsey - who said "So what we do to cats is the same as doing it to a human without asking."

I'm just curious if it bothers him that some people get a cat and keep it indoors

24-7 without asking.
Reply to
Marilyn Manson

I doubt a man would volunteer to be castrated to stop him from getting involved in fights.

Reply to
Max Demian

Real men train them

Ed Pawlowski

Indeed, another stupid thing people do.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They shouldn't. I only know of one person that sort of does that, the cat is nervous of traffic or something, it actually doesn't want to go out. I was stood at her door for 10 minutes chatting and the cat just sat in the doorway.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Cow?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Then it's a failed farm animal.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'm disappointed, I was expecting them to attack each other with them, after stretching the sack to 2 feet long.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Might in Australia. Most of the world lives way too close together.

Or they like naked kids running around the house.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The big one doesn't lay eggs will never be eaten, sheared or ridden. (She's mean)

I can't speak for the future of the little ones.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Humans can override their instincts and make rational decisions, unlike cats - at least most humans.

Reply to
Steve Walker

When she was going to graduate school my wife lived with a roommate in a Boston apartment. The roommate had a cat whose big adventure was going out into the hall. The thing was psychotic and tried to destroy anything it could reach. The roommate wasn't much better but you put up with a lot when the rents are staggering.

Reply to
rbowman

Barbecue on the cloven hoof... My parents raised a pig -- once. If you have a herd of pigs they're just pigs. One pig turns into a pet. The pig did ultimately wind up on the table but the experiment was not repeated.

Reply to
rbowman

Maybe the little ones, eventually. As for mom, she'll live her days out on the farm, never to be eaten, sheared, ridden or somehow becoming an egg layer.

Yet, she's still a farm animal, contrary to what Rod Slow...umm...I mean...Speedo says.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

I'd have enclosed the roommate and the cat in a small space and watched them destroy each other.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You have no idea how the cat's mind works, since nobody has ever had a conversation with one. Your superiority complex is showing. Humans are not better than another species and have no right interfering with it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

An apartment in Boston is a small space by definition.

Reply to
rbowman

Anyone living in an overcrowded city is an idiot by definition.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Nothing psychopathic about enjoying the misfortune of others. There are countless TV shows and Youtube channels based on this.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I tend to agree but when you're looking for the best graduate school in your field... For full disclosure my ex-wife lives in Manhattan, NYC; I don't. Probably a moral to that story.

Reply to
rbowman