OT: Neighbors Car Runnin' Rough He Says

Asks to borrow a 1/2" drive extension so he gan get some torque. Says he got a plug stuck half way out. Returns with extension and plug. Just had to snap some pics and share:-)

Red Green

Yep. That will cause problems!

Reply to
Oren

I hop yoyr neighbor keeps his yard tidy. Not like that plug, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

It looks like he put in a plug with the wrong depth and the piston head rammed it. Is that what happened?

Reply to
HeyBub

If that is true, the car will damn sure run rough now!

Reply to
Oren

Yeah, agree with the others. Hope you tell him to be sure and get the right plugs to go back in. It look to me like it is totally melted, possibly wrong heat range. A friend put the wrong plugs in his Hyundai Tiburon (sp? ) and melted holes in two pistons.

Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331

"HeyBub" wrote in news:5audnQr1QZJPzIHWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I would think if that were the case they all would have got trashed. But then, it could be a "This 'ill work" plug.

I've seen them take stuff apart. Nuts, bolts, clips just get put anywhere and I mean anywhere. Would not surprise me if it were a result of parts or like a socket left in the cylinder when a head was put on.

Reply to
Red Green

I think the guy needs a new motor

Reply to
ransley

ransley wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f20g2000vbl.googlegroups.com:

Pessimist! :-)

Reply to
Red Green

Right. He just may need to borrow "a 1/2" drive extension".

Reply to
Oren

Was this a Subaru?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Excellent photos, and thank you for sharing. I had one, not that bad, in 1991 on my trip from western NYS, to Utah. Had to pull the spark plug while under a bridge in Wyoming. Very obviously, I had plugs too long for the engine design. Oh, well.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Definitely mechanical damage - and if it runs with a new plug I'll be VERY surprised. That is NOT an overheated plug!!!!!!

Reply to
clare

Nice. What other metal objects are bouncing around in that cylinder?

Reply to
Tony

Chinese products?

Reply to
Oren

These are a joke, right?

Reply to
Caesar Romano

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

certainly there will be metal/ceramic debris in that cylinder,gouging the cylinder wall and rings.I suspect he trashed the plug threads in the head,too.

What year,make,model of auto?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

That's it! Chinese spark plugs! Some are just a little longer than others.

Reply to
Tony

Caesar Romano wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No. No joke.