Drywall repair help needed

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could look at the pictures I have posted on photobucket and suggest how I can fix my problem. I have added descriptions to each picture to explain the problem. The drywall in question is in a 10 year old home if that helps. My guess is that they used some type of paper tape to join sections of drywall and over time the mud that was applied to the tape is seperating away from the tape. I don't see any water damage. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
Finman

White glue thineed out with equal parts of water and applied with a small paintbrush to the back of the tape should restick it, then mud and paint after you are sure the glue is dry, 24 hours or so.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I would pull down the remaining weak tape in the seams, replace with fiber mesh tape and mud away.

Reply to
serebel

I would recommend removing any additional loose tape and joint compound in the area affected. Apply a thin coat of joint compound and tape in that area. Let it dry. If necessary, knock off any compound bumps with your taping knife and then apply another thin coat of joint compound over that same area. If necessary apply a third, thin, layer of compound and after it dries you may need to sand lightly. Then you should be ready to paint.

That's the way it's suppose to go. It usually takes me an additional coat or two because I get each coat a little too thick and then sand too much...

Gordon Shumway

Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Ditto...cut out ALL the loose tape , then apply tape and mud....HTH....

Reply to
benick

Thank you for your help!!

Reply to