Drywall Repair

Hello All,

We had a leak that turned into a small flood. They took out 2 feet of dry wall along floor so they could dry the studs. Fast forward, we are finally getting to the rebuild and they installed drywall today. Our walls are the usual 1/2 thickness but they installed 3/8 thick dry wall.

I guess my question is, is this normal to do and will they just transition it with taping and mud? We have a very thin layer of texture on the wall, I believe it’s spray on texture but don’t think enough to cover the difference.

Reply to
Jose Carvajal