OT Misdelivered mail

I signed up for that USPS feature too. I know what to expect.

Reply to
Gary

All you should have to do is put it in the opening of the mailbox so the mailman sees it. He'll redeliver it.

In general, one is supposed to be able to mail mail this way, not just stuff that was misdelivered. It's one of their services.

I might not with something critical, for fear he'll forget to deposit it when he gets back to the office, but one could ask if he gets much mail this way and if it's routine to to check his bag for outgoing mail he's gotten.

Remember this if and when you're too old to out. ;-)

Reply to
micky

Here too, Baltimore County. IIRC, they even specify that window envelopes are okay.

Maybe I shoudln't????? but I throw that in too. I'm in the phone book anyhow.

Reply to
micky

Would seem to me that if the door you're entering is near the front of the garage as they typically are, you still can't see a box or similar that's behind the car, unless you walk back there and look. The larger the vehicle, eg SUV, the longer it is, the more it blocks what might be behind it.

Reply to
trader_4

I think they do that on purpose so you have to sort through the junk instead of throwing it in the trash without even examining it. I do take that big wad of flyers apart (coupon blast or whatever they call it). About once every week or two, I find a real piece of mail in there.

Reply to
gfretwell

Not if it is all going to the landfill anyway. That is increasingly more common since China won't take it, no matter how much we pay them.

You are right, particularly the women who can't seem to figure out where babies come from. I am not saying a tubal but certainly an implant, as a requirement for welfare. I also agree everyone should have to work for their money if they can. The issue there becomes child care. It costs as much or more to watch their kids than they can make.

Reply to
gfretwell

It happens more now than it did during my Dad's days with a bag over his back, for sure. Back then, too many mixups/misdelivers could get you a warning from personnel!

What annoys me more is getting my mail delivered twice per day: Once, around

1-2pm, then again between 4-5. If they could deliver all one's mail in one loop 30-40 years ago, then why not now?

IE: I might have a bill due that came late, and if it sits in the box over night until tomorrow's delivery, that's one less day for me to get that bill ready to mail and be paid on time.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

I am on a rural route, box in the right of way and that is how we mail things. Put it in the box and put the flag up. If it is a priority box, you can call for a pickup off your porch online.

Reply to
gfretwell

Works for me...

"Three generations of imbeciles are enough" Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Reply to
rbowman

The devil is in the details. I've known several single mothers that had a rough time of it. They were not welfare queens but had been thrust onto the job market without a lot of skills when their marriage dissolved. Child support, if they could get it, and minimum wage jobs didn't cut it.

Reply to
rbowman

Tried that once and he did redeliver it -- to me. The cluster box has a slot for outgoing mail so it wasn't that he just overlooked it in my box. I added a few more disclaimers to the envelope and tried again.

Reply to
rbowman

You're not in the US are you?

Reply to
rbowman
[snip]

We often get that here (a bunch of junk not in envelopes). I suppose a real letter could get stuck in there, so I look through it before putting it in the recycle bin.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I've gotten a couple (from Amazon) packages on Sunday. That was a surprise, since I hadn't specified anything special (and I would have expected it to cost extra).

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Details for 69.124.165.234 IP:

69.124.165.234 Decimal: 1165796842 Hostname: ool-457ca5ea.dyn.optonline.net ASN: 6128 ISP: Optimum Online Organization: Optimum Online Services: None detected Type: Broadband Assignment: Likely Dynamic IP Blacklist:

Continent: North America Country: United States State/Region: Connecticut City: Stamford Latitude:

41.0641 (41° 3′ 50.76″ N) Longitude:

-73.548 (73° 32′ 52.80″ W) Postal Code:

06902
Reply to
Avila Kap

I never got anything on Sunday but one Saturday the mail carrier delivered a parcel to my door, which surprised me.

Reply to
rbowman

I back into the garage. I have a very nice surround camera but the front camera does not come on unless I either manually put it on or if it was in reverse first. I'd still run over a package in front of the garage if it was not in the center where I walk.

Seems like a dumb place to put it. They use the walk to the door. Then my Ring doorbell lets me know.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I know this will make you laugh, but there are a lot of people graduating from college who have no marketable skills. They can be trained in child care.

In these child care establishments I favor a "curriculum" of Aesop's fables and similar indoctrination in Western values.

I know you think I'm pretty far to the left, but I honestly don't see any incompatibility with inculcating children with both a good work ethic and the notion that you shouldn't beat people up just for being different from oneself. At least in the early years, we can choose from the best parts of our culture (including recent history). Later on we can give them history "warts and all".

Boys don't have to play with dolls to learn they shouldn't beat up on other boys who want to play with dolls. Nor to make fun of girls who want to play with trucks. That's just one example of the kind of basic decency that citizens should have.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Now that Amazon has their own trucks running around I am seeing a lot less USPS deliveries from them and never in Sunday anymore.

Reply to
gfretwell

Amazon just started offering same day delivery on many items, the rest are next day.  Amazon also delivers twice a day now too.

I can't imagine UPS, FedEx or USPS even want to compete with that.

Reply to
Barb