(OT) Is the 20th Century Fox logo an actual building?

I'm sure everyone has seen the 20th Century Fox logo, which appears to be a huge 3D stone sign with "20th" at the top and the rest of the words below. In the background there are dome topped buildings with spot lights shining toward the sky.

I've wondered for years if this is just an artists painting, or does this actually exist as the buildings with the 3D sign in front?

If it's an actual structure, where is it? (I'd guess Hollywood)!

Anyone know?

I googled it, and it's listed as their logo, but nothing seems to mention if it's an actual structure....

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

After watching this #1 your question will be answered, and #2 you'll never want to hear that F____G fanfare againforaslongasyoulive! :)

thekmanrocks

ou'll never want to hear that F____G fanfare againforaslongasyoulive! :)

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

I saw a brief article in 1975 stating that 20th Century Fox tool the rights to the name 21st Century Fox.

Looks like they are not planing on using it though

Reply to
philo

On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 00:25:55 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote in

Are you on dial-up?

Reply to
CRNG

Yep! Included free with my landline. I cant get cellphone out here in the country, and it would cost me almost $100 a month for satellite tv with internet. (Cant get JUST the internet). No cable available either. I dont want satellite tv, I'm happy with my antenna. I'm really not all that much of an internet user anyhow. I like and need email. I use a few newsgroups, (this one in particular), and may look up some reference stuff on the web at times. Other than that, I think most of the stuff on the internet is time wasting garbage, especially those social networking sites like facebook.

I spent a lot more time on the internet 10 to 15 years ago. Back them it was more fun. Now it's just a lot of junk and advertising. Occasionally I buy something on Ebay, which takes forever on dialup, so I either just wait and wait, or I use a public computer in town.

Some of those videos on youtube can be fun, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack to sort thru the junk. I will try to look at this one when I go to a public computer, whenever that happens. I just have to email the URL to myself so I can get to it easily.

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 09:27:38 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote in

+1 on that.

I live in a rural area also. Around here most areas have only one option: dialup, and the are lucky to get a dial-tone and 48k bps. Of course, the closer to town, the better the situation gets, but even that is pathetic.

Around here, the public library and many restaurants provide free WiFi, so a number of people have laptops. When they need a faster connection, they bring the laptop into town.

The rural areas in the U.S. are in the same situation now with regard to Internet access, as they were in the 1920s, with electric power access.

Reply to
CRNG

Even up here in Canuck land rural area is covered with at least DSL. I did not know dial up modem is still in use down there.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tony Hwang:

This is the "land of the free and home of the brave", not the land of high-tech.

Americans travel to Singapore all the time, showing off their fancy phones, and the Asian locals secretly chuckle: (they traded up from those models three years ago!)

Reply to
thekmanrocks