Lion logo

I've been tiding up a manual I have - it's a pretty poor photo copy.

Maker long since gone.

At the bottom of the front page (next to the list of directors, etc) is a logo of what looks to be a heraldic lion holding on to a flag pole with a banner at the top. Totally unreadable. Dates from the early 1980s. Looks similar to the lion that was stamped on eggs. Anyone remember what it signified? It's not the company logo. Possibly some trade or export award?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have you searched the IPO's register of trademarks?

If that does give an answer it might help if you told us what the manual is about and shared the image; or failing the latter at least told us what sort of heraldic lion (rampant, couchant, etc) and whether the pole carries a square or rectangular banner, or perhaps a pennon or...

Reply to
Robin

The lion on mine is standing up on its rear legs. Rampant?

Thought I'd found them all on Google. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't think is is a trademark. I *think* I've seen it used elsewhere, so perhaps a trade body one or award, etc.

The manual is for a loudspeaker made by Rogers,

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Would help if we knew the product it was on, might be a trade association. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You are aware that the goo.gl link shortener is going the way of the dodo soon I assume? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Existing links will keep working ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

This looks like your decription:

One of the sites says text can be added to the blank flag, so yours might say "Made in Britain"

Reply to
Dave W

Sounds rather like the Armed Forces Covenant logo, but I doubt it's that if it's a 1980 manual for Rogers loudspeakers, at the AFC must postdate Rogers by many years.

Chris Hogg

He said upthread it was "rampant" which that aten't. But did not give other obvious inf. Can't help thinking a picture would be worth a 1,000 words.

Reply to
Robin

To me, that is more a real lion than heraldic one.

And in mine, the lion is standing upright on its hind legs holding on to the flagpole - rather like a human might do. The banner is also a simple rectangle designed for easy text (I'd say) rather than meant to look like a real one. Something designed long before computer graphics became the norm.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

OK then. I'll expect instant recognition of it after the effort of doing this. ;-)

Dave Plowman (News)

I have a near match but with the lower legs sawn off. Salford Grammar School logo had a lion in a not dissimilar pose to your lion.

Bit pixelated so hard to tell really.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Surely with all the whizzy "AI" we're supposed to be in awe of, this is a nanosecond job ?

Or (as I suspect) is all this AI hype just that - hype ?

Annoyingly, that logo does look familiar ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

weathervane/

Reply to
Jethro_uk

;-)

That's what's annoying me. It does to me too. Just hoped someone had a better memory - not difficult in my case. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman

Is it at Lion Primary school? I?d have thought blurring out the subject was introduced after your time in TV :)

GH

Reply to
Marland

If that's an accurate rendition of your manual then I'm not even sure what if anything it's holding. Seems to me all one can say is that it's probably a lion rampant facing the sinister. Is the rest of the manual equally poor or is it possible the logo was a stamp applied by the retailer?

Reply to
Robin

These are pro speakers and unlikely to have had a retailer. Supplied to the end user direct.

Did you reduce the size down to about the postage stamp size it is on the document? Or try viewing a long way from your monitor? On this 24" one, viewing my JPEG of it from about 3 metres away is best. It looks to me to have two banners, one on top of the other, with the top one not attached to the pole. Of course it may not be a lion at all. The long tail might make it a monkey. ;-)

Most of the manual is readable OK. As are the schematics. All simply back on white. But a couple of pics in it just about as bad as this logo, so perhaps down to photo copiers of that time.

It's not that important. Just thought I half recognised the logo and hoped someone on here would remember what it was.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The thing which chimed most with me was the Peugeot logo ?????

Reply to
Jethro_uk