Lion logo

I tried it at various sizes. But I think your best hope is the software they use in CSI that can give a vehicle's license plate from 6 pixels :)

Reply to
Robin

;-). Just love the way a cheap video camera and basic lens well outperforms a many thousand quid broadcast one in the likes of CSI stories.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I blurred your blocky image to understand it better, but had no luck finding anything like it on line. Could you rescan it at 4 times the dpi you used?

Reply to
Dave W

Eh? The original I have is a scanned copy of the manual as a PDF. Increasing the resoluting makes not the slightest difference, as there's no more information to be gained. This isn't a CSI TV prog. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

As you originally described your manual as a photo copy, I took that to mean that it was an image from a film camera. I now understand that the blockiness of the lion is in the copy, not your scan of it. So the manual is itself a scan. In that case, it would be more helpful to submit a picture of the whole of the front page, in sufficient resolution that names could be Googled. It might even be possible to use an image search to find the manual online.

Reply to
Dave W

Not knowing the history, it could be a scan of a photocopy. But I used 'photocopy' as a generic term since if it was copied early on in its life it would likely have been with an office machine, as domestic ones weren't around then.

If I could have found a pristine copy online I'd already have it ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Lowenbrau.

Reply to
ARW

Indeed. But if you publish the front page someone else might have better luck.

Reply to
Dave W

I've said what's on it. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Gracious me ! Yes.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

It is pretty close, isn't it? I'll see if I can download a vector image and alter it to what I want. Thanks, chaps.

All I need to know is what it said in the banner(s) ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Talking of logos I scanned in a few old photos from late 70s at the weekend, anyone know what these two cars are.

whisky-dave

One is an Austin and one a Singer and both still on the road ,you could find the model details by digging deeper on the web but may have to tell fibs that you are entitled to the information.

GH

Reply to
Marland

#1. Alvis #2, Riley

Reply to
charles

I tried to search for the reg numbers but came up with nothing. I took them as part of a compition where my camera club were invited to one of their singer exibition days we took photos and they judged them I won a few dinner plates with the singer owners car club design but it wasn't the same logo as on either of those cars.

I've only put them up so I can get rid of some of my old slides and in case the current ownwers might get a chance to see the condition of these cars in the mid 70s.

Reply to
whisky-dave

cheers I'll, search and add the info later.

Reply to
whisky-dave

whisky-dave >>

I had 5 minutes to kill while waitiing for a phone call so put the the numbers in the GOV MOTcheck site,though of course both are now exempt due to age. That gives the make but not the model. Both appear to be taxed at the moment. For greater details such as make you would probably need to lie as to having a valid reason or pretend you wanted an insurance quote and could not be bothered to do that.

An anomaly with the Austin is that there is a discrepancy of two years of first registration when checking just MOT Status and or using the MOT history check. the latter also carries a warning that the owner is dire risk of a fine as the MOT has expired so it does not seem to recognise the exemption for older vehicles that came in a while back.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Hmm no longert registered

Registration is for a red Singer these days

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What were you looking at to check? On the GOV MOT check it shows up well enough even though it it is now MOT excempt. taxed till January 2019.

Mistyped the number?

GH

Reply to
Marland