OT, how come no directions to Cool Springs?

OT, how come no directions to Cool Springs, Tennessee?

Google maps will always, until now, allow one to find what it considers the best route (in practice, always 3 routes), but tonight using Opera when I looked up Cool Springs TN, all it did was give a list of tourist sites.

So I in another tab I looked up Hays City, or Hays, Kansas, and it had a clickable word "Directions", like always. So in that tab I went to Cool Springs, but still no directions.

So I went to Firefox and already had a tab open to Cool Springs, so I entered Hays KS and there was "Directions", then I entered Cool Springs TN and again, no directions. Don't they want people to go to or from Cool Springs. If that's it, how will I ever get my package?

I ordered a Toyota part from a place there, and I'm sure it will come on time, within 2 weeks, but I was curious what the driving time is (9 hours?). The town is right on an interestate just south of Nashville, and Baltimore is at the corner of one and 2 halves interstates.

Reply to
micky

Try right clicking the mouse when over the map. I pulled it up here and it does behave strange. There is no directions option. I tried another city and it came up with the normal directions box. But then I tried Cool Springs again, same thing, no directions. So, I right clicked when on the map, one of the options is directions, and then it works.

Now why you'd consider driving 8 hours each way to pick up an auto part, IDK. Even the expensive overnight shipping options would make more sense and cost less. Also, are you sure it's even coming from there? Many times when ordering auto parts, they can ship out of regional warehouses. I've ordered parts from an online company in CA and had it actually ship out of NJ, 30 miles from where I am.

Reply to
trader_4

This is because Cool Springs is not an actual city or town.

See

Retired

Oh, very good.

I'm not driving. The mailman is driving. As I said, "I'm sure it will come on time". I know there is no iron-clad correlation between distance and time, but it still interests me.

It's 10 hours and 41 minutes if he leaves now. (and yes, I know it won't be coming straight here. When I bought something from New Orleans, its route was a tour of the South. I only remember Smyrna Georgia.)

I had an item coming from China that landed in San Francisco but spent over 3 days at the same place in Sacramento. I wonder what it was doing. It was probably too drunk to travel after partying with female packages. But it still arrived within the times they said it would.

If some place would tell me that, they'd get my business. Even when I'm not in a hurry, I like a) for it to come quickly, and b) not to waste the world's resources on shipping. A Toyota dealer had this part but he was in California. Tennessee is a lot closer.

Reply to
micky

The town is right on an interestate just south of Nashville,

Correct. It's just an area right outside of Nashville that has a gigantic shopping center with hundreds, literally hundreds of businesses around it. To reach this area you would travel I-65 South and the next town is Franklin, TN.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I think you're right. Still it seems a little arbitrary to limit this to towns. They know where it is and people might want to go there.

Your article says it has 200 restaurants. Maybe the google space is used up by paid listings of stores and restaurants.

Reply to
micky

FWIW, "Toyota of Cool Springs" has a Franklin TN address.

Next time, try entering the name of the business in Google Maps. When I entered, "Cool Springs Toyota", it went directly to the dealership location in Franklin, as a starting location for directions.

Reply to
Retired

Depending on how it is routed, the CA could get to you faster. I buy Kona coffee from Hawaii and have it in 3 days, about the same time from PA.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

LOL.

That would work better.