(OT) Fishing question

On 09/02/2018 11:36 AM, rbowman wrote:

ate  fishing/angling  ..

UUGHH   golf.

balls

I stand corrected !!!
On 09/02/2018 12:31 AM, T wrote:

te  fishing/angling  ..

UGHH   golf.

I can hear the conversation now.
"Am I dead?"
"Yup."
"Am I in heaven or hell?"
"Take a guess."
"Why am I on a golf course?"
"Take a another guess."
"Oh S*** !!! I really am in hell!"
"Cleaver ex-fisherman."
"NNNNNOOOOOOOO !!! Anything but golf!!! Give me Fire and Brimstone! Give me 72 male virgins! Give me Floods! Earthquakes! SMOG! Condescending Limeys! ANYTHING BUT GOLF !!!! "
"Suck it up cupcake. Now go walk after that ball."
On 09/02/2018 05:41 PM, T wrote:

ate  fishing/angling  ..

UUGHH   golf.

"What do you mean by 'ex'?"
On 09/02/2018 07:41 PM, T wrote:
[snip]

Funny typo.
[snip]
--
"If the factory pays taxes and the church does not, it follows that the
church will some day own the factory." -- Lemuel K. Washburn, Is The
On 09/01/2018 05:59 PM, Frank wrote:

You could question my sanity but I used to fish in the Hudson. it was tidal water up to the Federal dam at Troy and no license was required. It helped if you weren't squeamish about eels.
On Sat, 01 Sep 2018 01:26:35 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@Weiser.com wrote:

I come from a fishing family, and was taught to fish by my grandma. We ate what we caught. I was about 5 years old. Been fishing since, but if the fish aren't worth eating because of contamination, I won't fish. I've probably spent more time fishing than 99.9% of people, and I've given it some thought. I've concluded I fish because they might be there. And if they're not, so what? I've had a good day on the boat or dock or shore.
On 09/01/2018 12:26 AM, snipped-for-privacy@Weiser.com wrote:

That's what rod holders are for. We used to make ad hoc ones. Cut a forked branch, whittle it down, and stick it in the ground. Lean the pole in it and put a rock on the butt end of the pole if the balance is wrong.

We have 'world class' trout streams. People come from great distances and hire fishing guides in order to take selfies with fish. Most of the better creeks are catch and release so back in the water goes the fish.
On 9/1/18 1:26 AM, snipped-for-privacy@Weiser.com wrote:

We would put out night sets sometimes on our little creek. It was maybe 20 feet wide and a bit over knee deep usually. We'd catch a carp now and then. The best fishing was when the river went up and we could spear fish. The fish would gather under mulberry trees sometimes. People in southern Louisiana fish or hunt for alligators. They hand stinky bait on hooks a couple feet over the water. They come back the next day to collect their winnings. This is usually a two person crew. One will drag the hooked gator to the boat and the other shoots it. Person is the operative word. The show "Swamp People" showed a couple women hunting gators. Not this one: <
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgnb9n5N5vU