OT: Destroy all mosquitoes!

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/600689/we-have-the-technology-to-destroy-all-zika-mosquitoes/

No point in leaving the males and killing the females.
--
"You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal."

I said they should all be destroyed. I didn't say what method should be used. How on earth would it be easier to kill only one sex?
--
I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

We have one less annoying insect.
--
But she was always fat. She was born an only twin.

On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 19:28:44 +0100, "James Wilkinson"
Can we do it without killing all the bees?

I hate bees, they sting. Kill them too.
--
A military pilot called for a priority landing because his single-engine jet fighter was running "a bit peaked."
Air Traffic Control told the fighter jock that he was number two, behind a B-52 that had one engine shut down.

How do you feel about food? Or are you going to hire Syrian immigrants to pollinate the crops?

mini drones to the rescue!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com writes:

The OP probably hates yellowjacket wasps and doesn't know the difference between them and bees.
Over the years I've been stung by wasps probably a dozen times. I've never been stung by a bee, and I have a large garden and am around bees quite a bit.
Bud Frede wrote:

I've been stung ... usually when I do something stupid like try to check a hive without smoking them first .
--
Snag

On 9/6/2016 6:52 AM, Bud Frede wrote:

Bees are harmless if not threatened. I've had many land on me without a problem.

Try brushing one off your head not knowing what it is. Try putting your hand or bare foot on one you didn't spot.
--
Reticulating splines....

Wind, other insects, some species of bird, ....
Why are you so stupid as to assume that magically, the stinging kind of insect would happen to be the one that pollinates everything?
--
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.

On Wed, 07 Sep 2016 01:43:35 +0100, "James Wilkinson"

It is not me, it is the people who actually have the credentials to study these things.

You don't need to listen to scientists when you see it right before your very eyes.
--
What are the "Man's Three Rules When Getting Old?"
Never pass a bathroom, don't waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.
On 9/5/16 8:22 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?
--
“You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips
together and blow.”

Yes a few times, or a wasp, dunno which.
--
Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open: "Some weeks Nick likes to use Fanny, other weeks he prefers to do it by himself."

You didn't know their stings could operate when they're dead? Just how ignorant are you?
--
You can ship a 40 lb child UPS 2nd day air for around $60.00, but don't forget the air holes.

Have you ever been bit by a dead person?

When you'd obliterated it and iut's stung you, who cares?

Either will sting you if you squash it accidentally.
--
I learnt so much from my mistakes I think I'll make another.