OT - Chinese bridge

There are many videos on this if you have not seen one:

invalid unparseable

Thanks, I'll just walk through the valley.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Will you fear no evil? ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

I don't deal with evil higher than two steps on the ladder.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What is it with you guys and ladders?

Reply to
gfretwell

Age. Used to do it, no more. Few weeks ago a smoke detector battery needed changing. Would have had to go three steps so I had my sone do it. 9 1/2' ceilings. Living room will be worse as it is in the coffered ceiling.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I don't mind being up high, but I want to feel safe. For some reason I do not feel safe on most ladders higher than an 8 foot step ladder. I just can not get it in my head the ladder will not fall. Once I can get an extention ladder tied off up high, I am fine if it is 20 or more feet tall. Just as I felt safe when I put up my 60 foot radio tower. I had it in my head it would not fall as it was in a lot of cement and had guy wires on it.

Where I worked I often had to climb up on pipes and vessels and felt safe doing that just as climbing up a fixed ladder on the side of some

100 foot tall siloes.
Reply to
Ralph Mowery

SWMBO.

I'm OK as long as I can keep my waist below the top of a step ladder but a fall would not be good (anticoagulant).

I have a ceiling fan that I want to hang in the living room. It's 15' up and the highest step ladder I have is 12'. I'll call an electrician. It's not worth the risk.

Reply to
krw

My brother wanted to go to that Grand Canyon Skywalk. I took a pass so he went with #1 son. The last time I was at the Grand Canyon I was the guy on the trail along the rim as far as possible from the edge.

Reply to
rbowman

Ladders and me haven't gotten any worse with age -- or any better either.

Reply to
rbowman

It's nice to know they have a sense of humor, even if it is a little morbid.

This just confirms that they were joking when they said they put a rover on Mars.

Reply to
micky

You're nothing like intelligent, Rodie.

Ever hear of a 12' step ladder? No, of course not. You're an idiot.

You're nothing like intelligent, little Rodie.

Reply to
krw

Home Depot has them. 18 foot too.

gfretwell

Another golden oldie from l'il Rodie. Get some new lines, gramps. "Get off my lawn" is getting long in the tooth (oops, Rodie is toothless).

I should know better than expect l'il Rodie to make any sense.

You're lying again, l'il Rodie. You know it.

Reply to
krw

12' is too small and 18' is too tall. 14' would be just right.
Reply to
krw

Same old lines. Idiots say the same thing over and over for a quarter of a century.

Same old lines. Get some new ones, dummy.

You're right you have nothing, li'l Rodie. Never did.

Reply to
krw

You must have your lines on hot-keys. You never say anything useful, just repeat the same lines.

Which hot-key is that one?

Not even your brain, li'l Rodie.

Reply to
krw

More "The Best of Rodie". Wota surprise.

Reply to
krw