How many Lurch's are there?

I noticed that one of the participants in yesterday's Scrapheap Challenge on TV was called 'Lurch'.

Since I haven't come across too many people with this handle, I wondered whether there was any connection with the 'Lurch' who posts here. Admittedly, our Lurch appears to be an electrician, whereas the bloke on the telly was tinkering with car bits - but the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Reply to
Set Square

Challenge on

Dunno, I'm sure the resident Lurch will advise shortly.

The man behind the UK-Rocketman site

on Scrapheap and was surprised to find that he was to be known as 'Buzz', a nickname assigned to him by the production team for dramatic purposes.

Reply to
Aidan

Something I was wondering about last week, come on Stuart !!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:40:38 -0000, "Set Square" strung together this:

Alas, it wasn't me. ;-( I do tinker with car bits from time to time, and have been known to change an engine or two, but I'm not up to completely building some of the constructions that appear on Scrapheap yet!

Reply to
Lurch

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:40:38 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named "Set Square" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

When I was at school, it was a name given to anyone more than two inches taller than his (or her) classmates.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Same here, and his slightly portly best mate quickly became known as festus!

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq