How many different kinds of orchids are there?

I read an article in a very old National geographic magazine long ag about orchids and I was amazed about how many there were with ne variety's being discovered every year. This makes curious about how man are catalogued now. Any help available would be appreciated

Reply to
mycoolgirl

There are 2 kinds. Those I do not have and those I am going to get someday.

Vito

Reply to
uncle_vito