OT: Buying a car from dealership

I remember more. I thought maybe I brought out the worst in her, but the other guy brought out the same bad things. So it was *her*, not me. One time, he got so mad at her that he kicked a 50 pound bag of cement and injured his foot. A few days later they were at some hobby convention with a biggggg parking lot, and walking to the building, he couldnt' keep up with her because of his foot. She was way ahead of him so he yelled, "Slow down." Then she slowed down so much that she fell way behind him. Boy did that one event describe her.

Reply to
Micky

Another story about girls. I had a job for the city of NY and I came across a listing of thousands of names, iirc And it had their age and where they lived, and I was tired of meeting girls who lived far away from where I lived in Brooklyn, and some of these lived in walking distance. It also showed whether they were single or not and probably gave their phone number too. Something about the list made a much higher fraction of them single eligible females, than the city as a whole.

If I could have come up with a fool-proof story of why I was calling them, and a way to make it social, and a way to be sure I wouldnt' get caught by work or fired, I would have called one or more, even if it was a betrayal of my job. After all, I know I'm not going to attack one and if she doesn't want to see me, I'm not going to scrare her or anything. But I just continued seeing girls, none of whom were special but who lived far away.

Reply to
Micky

I found the listing in the trash and it wasn't made by a programl or even a system I dealt with, so the odds are.... well, no one girl could have put 2 and 2 together, I dont' think. They probably didn't even know what agencies had listings of them. If the listing had included pictures and if some were good looking, and they probably were, I probably would have tried somehow.

Reply to
Micky

Center posted as your post was.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've been known to complete stop, and see if the other person notices. One time on bicycle, I could not keep up with the fellow with me. We were both teenagers. Finally, about four blocks from home, I pulled over and stopped. I rested a while, and head home. Asked him later about that, if he'd noticed me missing, and would he have come back. No, he'd already put his bike in the garage and went in to the house. That pretty much describes his level of interest in our friendship.

I've had that happen with vehicles, also. I tend to drive carefully, and people take off and leave me behind. One such time was when I was driving the vehicle with the trailer, we were moving a piano. The other driver left me behind in a housing development. I ended up making some phone calls, finally found out where he went, and told him to return to where I was. I ought have turned and gone home.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Give it a bloody rest, will you???? If you've got nothing worth saying, just shut up.

Reply to
clare

While it's true, I'm no longer on topic for car dealership, I'm on topic for the comment, and the reply. And it was worth saying.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Body with no visible "center posting" deleted for brevity

You are still on your "anti-center-posting" hobbyhorse.

The horse is not only dead and buried., but thoroughly composted by now. Inline posting is now a standard and accepted method of posting on newsnet and makes it MUCH easier to follow a thread.

So like I said, give it a rest

Reply to
clare

As I understand it, inline posting means two or more comments. When one posts a single comment (with untrimmed trailing text), I call that center posting. Center posting leaves the reader looking for the second comment (which isn't there) and just leaves the reader upset about having his or her time wasted, scanning for a second reply which isn't there. I think center posting is rude, and a waste of others time. Rather inconsiderate.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It is "inline posting" when the reply immediately follows the point being replied to. Trimming trailing text may or may not be adviseable, depending on what the following text (or as you call it, trailing text) has to say that is pertinent. Without context, the reply may not make any sense, and a "real news reader" when set up for efficiency does not necessarilly show the previous full post that is being replied to. Sometimes the "whole thread" is important for context - sometimes it is not.

If not required for context, clipping is good ettiquette. - but so is trimming "leading text" when you bottom post, and trimming "leading text" when top posting.

Complaining about not trimming is often definitely a case of ' pot - kettle - black". i

Reply to
clare

A person who normally trims text might leave excess text so others can see what is the problem.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And that's why I leave text that follows my last reply. So people reading my reply will know whether the previous poster had already taken in to account what I said.

In addition, I don't snip what the previous poster wrote to show respect for his words, and thirdly, because when people snip what I wrote, they often do it to distort what I wrote or to give a reply that makes no sense.

In-line posting does not require 2** sections of comment. Like Clare said, it only requires that a response follow directly after the comment being responded to. And that's what makes it easier to understand than either bottom or top posting. **One doesnt' know until he reads further if he'll have more comments to make.

Reply to
Micky