OT: Annoyances - mobile phones used on car speakers

Using your phone does not anywhere near guarantee you'll injure or kill someone.

Disobeying an OCD law.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Currently. And our cop cars do it all the time.

Unlikely given that report about those fined for driving when using a mobile having halved, tho its hard to be sure how much of that is just more use of handsfree systems for cars.

But its far from clear if that's real or just another claim.

But you don't want them checking on no insurance either, and they do check for that anyway.

Even sillier than you usually manage given that the two alternative govts both do that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Which is why I said "So you get in the habit of putting it on the dash etc."

Reply to
Rod Speed

Never seen any homeless punch anyone and they are trivial to pick.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nope, the cops don't bother with slums like yours.

Why ?

Because speeding is much easier to catch, stupid.

Because that is much easier to catch, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Just as true of all the other driving offences, stupid.

I'm not stupid enough to incur that stupid fine and loss of points. In fact if that happens in the current 4 days over our long weekend, I don't get to drive for 4 months. No thanks.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Agreed, we shouldn't get done for anything that hasn't actually harmed someone. Anything else is assumption. I bet you've seen plenty drivers obeying the law, no phone, within the speed limit, who are more likely to injure someone than you would be if you were speeding while using your phone, simply because they're shit drivers. But that's too difficult for the moronic police to catch.

Why not just avoid the pigs?

Ah, so you admit you have been disobeying other laws.... PKB.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

You said he was a nutter.

You just said you couldn't tell....

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

That's not a viable approach to stopping people from doing what is the most dangerous driving behaviour like say texting while driving.

No its not. Its trivial to prove that texting while driving is very dangerous.

That's why we have dangerous driving laws.

Much more difficult for even the smartest cops to convict on.

Not possible.

I disobey that one when there is no chance of being caught doing that too.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

Reply to
Rod Speed

But he doesn't punch anyone, just does other nutter stuff like quite literally bark out loud while walking away from the supermarket at times.

No I did not.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You said "Only to fools like you" in reply to "Homeless people usually look like they will loose their temper for no reason"

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Why stop what hasn't actually caused an accident? Again, they're trying to predict the future.

So what? It hasn't actually caused harm. Why not punish those who ACTUALLY crash? I can crash my car and get away with nothing more than the cost of repairing my car or an increased premium. But if I text WITHOUT crashing, I get into worse trouble?!

Which aren't enacted at all. Pigs never do people for driving dangerously, just silly things like going over the limit or texting. Plenty folk can drive dangerously without doing either of those things, yet they won't get into trouble.

No such thing as a smart cop, that's the inherent problem.

I manage. Haven't been done for speeding in 10 years, yet I break virtually every limit I go through, every single day.

So why do you have demerit points?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

That doesn't mean that I cant work out who homeless people are, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You clearly don't with all those speeding and seatbelt offences.

Those were from before I decided it was stupid to be wasting that much in fines.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No speeding offences for 10 years - satnav tells me where they like to s= it.

Seatbelt offences are only =A3100, about once a year, and no points.

I thought you were well off?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Maybe homeless Aussies aren't as angry. Nicer country to be homeless in I guess.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I am but I am because I don't do stupid stuff like that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Or maybe your original was just more mindlessly silly shit.

Try doing it in Melbourne or Canberra in winter, sometime. When I was at uni, in Canberra, a couple of crazy Danes who were doing their PhD there at the time tried 'living' in the camping ground on Black Mountain in a tent in winter. Stupid buggers tried working all night and sleeping during the day but even that wasn't viable and they ended up camping in one of the aircon machine rooms at the uni.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No, it's what people are like here. All drunk and mad.

Your country doesn't have a winter.

Poofters.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

If you're well off, those fines are chicken feed. It's the points you s= hould worry about.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife