What will remove the glue from "Mouse Glue Traps".

No, I am not trying to remove the glue from the traps. Those traps are quite effective at catching mice. But it's also easy to get them stuck to your hand, your feet, a pet, or your clothing, and darn near anything else.

Is there anything (safe) that removes that glue?

I used the word "safe" because I once stepped on one of them barefooted. It was next to the toilet and I went there in the dark during the night. Next thing I knew, that thing was stuck to my toes. I went outdoors and found that gasoline removed it from my toes. But I would not want to use gasoline on a pet or on most clothing or other objects, and it's far too easy to get into one of them traps by accident.

Suggestions????

Reply to
Bud

I think a petroleum like solvent is needed. Mineral spirits might be a bit safer but still flammable. Maybe Vaseline or mineral oil would work but then have to be washed off with soap and water.

Reply to
Frank

I would try any food safe oil such as corn oil, vegetable oil, olive oil.

Reply to
Davej

Soap and hot water.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yes, I had some of those which had instructions on how to release an animal you have trapped and it said I'm 99% sure to use cooking oil.

Reply to
micky

Really? Have you tried it?

I'd try it right now, but I dont have any of them traps at the moment.

Reply to
Bud