OT: Allow mobile phones when driving? Or ban the disabled from driving?

I've never used the bluetooth as a telephone, but I can stream Jango to the radio from the phone with no problem. It is an easy way to map the coverage. The music stop playing, there isn't any.

Reply to
rbowman

Sounds like a 45 Harley hand jammer chopper we had. Derby wheel in front of a ridiculous kicked out springer (no front brake). Stop at a light on a hill and you run out of feet.

Reply to
gfretwell

I use the Bluetooth in my car quite often. For phone and streaming.

Never ever had any issues.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've not had a greater problem with Bluetooth in a car than anywhere else. BT is awkward to set up and to keep connected *anywhere*, in my experience. The real problem is that many BT peripherals (headphones, hands free kits in cars etc) don't make it easy to choose which device to connect to, if you've paired with several devices in the past. I have earbuds which I connect either to my phone or my laptop. The problem comes if both are in the same room: it would be nice if there was an easy way to choose whether to connect to phone or laptop. I find I have to turn off BT on the device that I do not want to connect to at that time.

Reply to
NY

I remember when I had an operation on my knee and had a plaster cast from thigh to calf. I couldn't drive, and didn't attempt it for real. But my sister, who was learning to drive, needed me in the car as the qualified driver to supervise her. Looking back on it, I wonder if I was legal to supervise her if I was not in a state where I could take over.

It was my left leg, so there's no way I'd have got the control and length of travel for the clutch pedal, though I experimented from a purely theoretical point of view.

Reply to
NY

Wasn't my car or phone.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Clarkson agrees with me too.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What about problems?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I've used it successfully from a phone to a desktop, but they were indoors less than a metre apart.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Since modern cars have a stupidly large centre consoles, I doubt anyone could get a foot across. So assuming it wasn't dual control, all you can be expected to do is operate the steering wheel and parking brake.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

One time I needed something off someone else's phone. I think it was a web page address. The easiest way we came up with to do it quickly with no arseing around when we wanted to carry on drinking was to take a photo of his phone.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

"It's estimated that 27% of adults in America have trouble sleeping most nights" from

That's not what I said. I said if the inferior are killed, the next generation is better.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

synonyms for issues

affair argument concern controversy matter point problem question subject topic contention puzzle matter of contention point of departure

Reply to
rbowman

I use Anker bluetooth headphones for Zoom meetings and listening to videos. 10 meters is no problem, at least for reception. I don't know about reception since I mute myself before a trip to the loo.

They start to cut out if I go into the cafeteria but that's on the other side of a brick wall.

I was quite surprised the first time I wandered away from my desk. The computer side of the circuit is a standard Dell, nothing special.

Reply to
rbowman

I'll stick to the normal word "problem". Issue is an overused HR buzzword.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

When I fitted bluetooth to a teacher's desktop, the first thing he did was embarrass a girl by telling the whole class the name of her boyfriend. The name of her phone was both their names combined.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 10:37:55 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 posted for all of us to digest...

I resemble that remark.. 8-)

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 21:23:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

Take it from me; they aren't so good looking when they are cut up and covered in blood... I got the gist of your comment...

Reply to
Tekkie©

I thought you didn't like 'normal'.

Reply to