OT 12 year Gin Project

On 2/23/2016 7:59 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:

I enjoy a nice merlot every now and then.
--
Maggie

Life is short. I suggest upping the pace to a bottle a month.
Ed Pawlowski formulated on Tuesday :

Do you have a good liver doctor 'cause you'll need one.
On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:29:05 -0800, Eagle wrote:

By my calculations, that's only a single drink every 2 or 3 days.
36 Gin + 4 Bourbon + 2 Scotch is 42 bottles. Even if you assume the big 1.14 litre bottles, thats 47.88 litres. Twelve years is 4383 days.
That works out to 11 ml per day, not even a tablespoon.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

It happens that Mike Duffy formulated :

How many drinkers do you know drink a tablespoon of gin per day? lol
On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 07:02:37 -0800, Eagle wrote:

I have no reason to call him a liar. Considering that I have a drink every 2 or 3 days, this puts my consumption pretty close to what he stated.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

Mike Duffy formulated the question :

I wasn't trying to make him out to be a liar, Mike. Your Mr. Data reply was an opening for a touch of humor. :D
On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 13:58:26 -0800, Eagle wrote:

Sorry. It went over my head. When he said he intended to go through a few bottles a year, your 'lol' implied that you are either laughing with him or laughing at him, and I could not see where what he said about responsable drinking was intended to be funny unless one assumes that to be impossible.
Despite how much I enjoy the occaisional drink, I would give it up forever if EVERYONE had to as well, because there are many who cannot stop after a few, and a goodly fraction of those insist on endangering the lives of others.
I've told you before about people I know ruining their lives with alcohol. And I gather that you have seen the same thing happen. Maybe making a joke about it is a good way to bring on a dialogue.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

Mike Duffy expressed precisely :

Dialogue is possible if others take an interest in this subject. I like [or used to like] drinking Whiskey many years ago and especially Johnny Walker Black or the very rare blue label. Befor that I developed a habit of drinking Monopolowa potato vodka, and had to stop because of what it would do to My temper. I quit drinking and smoking around the same time [1/1/91] and haven't smoked or bought a bottle since. I do pour a drink occationally, but that's it.
On 2016-02-26 1:21 PM, Eagle wrote:

I enjoy a couple beers now and then, but the days or had liquor are past me for the most part, unless a good single malt scotch comes my way, which it rarely does.
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
FrozenNorth laid this down on his screen :

You and I would enjoy polishing off a good bottle Whiskey, be it Single malt Scotch or a blend like Johnny Walker. There are many single malt Scotch Wiskies, so chosing one would be a drunken affair for sure. :') I don't think My liver could handle that "experiment"... lol Being in construction, I helped empty many a case of Buttwiper and cooooooooooors, so a beer once or twice a year is My limit. :')

Alcoholic drinks taste like shit. I prefer to take a strong alcoholic drink with fuck all flavour (like vodka) and add something nice like coca cola or orange juice etc.
--
A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked, "So Bob, where's that eight inches you promised me last night?"

It's a term which means "not very good". Like "this mobile phone is shit" does not mean it's soft and warm and squidgy, it means it's rubbish.
--
A group of cowboys were branding some cattle.
While they were out the cook saw a sheep tied to a post. Thinking it was for that nights dinner he cooked it.
Oren wrote :

Everytime you eat swine you eat shit the animal stores in it's flesh. That's one reason I don't eat pig meat.

I don't eat any meat. Dead flesh tastes revolting, like some kind of rotting matter that's been left in the fridge for 3 months.
--
For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

On 2/25/2016 4:03 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Vegans are usually meatnemic. Try some parrot soup, it tastes like chicken.
http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tropico/cafe/index.php?topicr19.0 ;wap2
On 2016-02-25 5:03 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Maybe you need to learn how to cook it.
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Still smells rotten. And I'm talking about other people's houses when they've cooked meals, so it's not my own cooking that's at fault. The fact remains that meat is decomposing flesh. It's dead, it's not meant to be eaten.
--
When there's a will, I want to be in it!

Mr Macaw explained :

I can't agree with you on this. You can't eat "live" meat, so killing the animal and burning it's flesh is how to eat animal flesh. Nevermind the diseases involved, that's one of the reasons you burn meat...to kill the diseases.

e.com>

e:

sh.

of

e fact

be

Don't have to bother with that if you eat normal food.
-- My daughter asked me for a pet spider for her birthday, so I went to our local pet shop and they were 70! Blow this, I thought, I can get one cheaper off the web.