Old maytah washer (a406) Lid removal

How do I remove the lid of a top loading A408 washer? There are hinges on back

Reply to
Dudley Pearce

I don't know about yours, but on mine it means removing the front panel (two screws at the bottom look under the front) then lifting the top and then you will see how to get the lid off.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Travis Jordan

Hi,

What do you need the lid up for?

These should help....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Hello,

To remove the lid on both the A406 and A408, pull one side up (hard) so the hinge ball pops out of its socket in the cabinet top. The lid 'hinges' are just pea-size plastic balls, Maytag part #211726. BTW, they're easy to lose when the lid pops - be careful.

I assume you're removing the lid to clean under it, and if so, that IS the best way to get to the crud, but it can be hard to remove - especially the first time (after you pull them a few times it gets a lot easier - the practice helps ).

Hope that helps.

God bless,

Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA

snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com

570-363-2404

I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter. (Back issues now posted here too!)

John 3:3

Reply to
Dave Harnish