Off topic. Best detective radio show ever

To me, some repairs seem a lot like solving a mystery. Johnny Dollar is one of the best, and this tale is a favorite. And only 25 minutes. Check it out.

Reply to
Dr Mickey Mallard Eye Nose and Ugly

That's a good one. Thanks for posting it.

Before going to Malaya for the rubber company, Fred Rasmussen had a distinguished career with the Baltimore Sun newspaper:

I listen to Johnny Dollar every Sunday night at 7. They are quite interesting, often engrossing. Also I usually hear Matt Dillon and Joe Friday.

But what I wanted to tell you all about is how great The Beverly Hillbillies tv show still is. It is so well done. Every one of them plays their part perfectly. It's on syndicated tv, MeTV for one, though I don't know what time. Nominated for 7 emmys but apparently didn't win. They just didn't appreciate something out of the norm.

Ellie May Clampett, who played Donna Douglas when not in Beverly Hills, was on the Password TV show and Allen Ludden referred to her as a "tomato". My ex gf says you couldn't get away with calling someone a tomato anymore. What a shame. And Allen Ludden was not a bad boy. He was one of the nice boys, married to Betty White.

Reply to
micky