Replace your faucetr washers

"Although many people only replace the washers in their faucet when an issue arises, such as a leak, this is not the best course of action. To optimize the faucet’s lifespan for best results, you should replace washers at least every two years."

Does anyone, anyone at all, replace their washers every two years, or even before they drip?

Reply to
micky

I don't have washers. It's all cartridges or ball valves. Gate valves are satanic.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Never did until they dripped, but never had to replace a faucet either, unless I wanted to for other reasons.

I've not had kitchen or bath faucets that use washers for the past 45 years or so. That article must have been written by someone that sells faucet washers to drum up sales.

Reply to
Ed P

My inside faucets are all cartridge but my outside faucets still have washers. When I had the plumber over to replace the kitchen faucet, I also had the outside faucet washers replaced because they were leaking. I had a hose and sprayer attached so the leak was controlled. I didn't want to mess with them since the faucets are so old (1967) and I didn't want to risk breaking them.

I've had some toilet valves replaced from washer type to quarter turn ball type. That was because the old ones were getting hard to turn and I feared them breaking.

Reply to
badgolferman

Must have been written by a washer supplier. I've never done anything until there is a drip, nor do I know anyone else who has. And my faucets have lasted a long time, usually being replaced for other reasons, like the spray head is shot or it's just looking old, etc. Do most faucets even use washers anymore instead of cartridge type?

Reply to
trader_4