OT: Credit Card Payment Question

My current Visa card balance is much less than the amount due on my most recent statement as I returned an expensive item just after the statement had dropped.

If I pay the lower current balance by the statement due date rather than the higher statement balance, does that count as paying the account in full-- or will that generate an interest charge?

Reply to
Capt'n Butler

Prior to processing your payment - just phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card and find out the balance - and pay accordingly. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Or check your balance online.

Reply to
Bob F

No interest as you don't owe the money. Just pay the current balance.

Reply to
Ed P

What Ed said. Coincidentally, for some reason I just read on some bank website the answer to the very question you had, but I knew it anyhow.

Reply to
micky

Although, given that the phone number for the CC company is written on the back of every card, I'm not sure why the OP chose to ask this question on a home repair usenet group rather than just calling the CC company and asking them directly.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

So he won't sit for 20 minutes on hold.

Reply to
micky

Busted!

Reply to
Capt'n Butler

I'd rather sit on hold for 20 minutes and know I have the correct answer.

I can amuse myself while sitting on hold. Usenet. Solitaire. Buzzfeed quizzes.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton