I need to erect cheap fencing that will be moved about over the years

I need to erect cheap fencing that will be moved about over the years.

I already have a hundred foot roll of 5-foot plastic fencing like this.

need to erect a movable post every five feet or so (for stability).

Store-bought poles are far too expensive to make any project worth it.

What I'm thinking is buying some kind of rigid cheap pipe that I can sink into a one-quart yogurt container filled with cement to make the poles.

I'd cut the pipe to five or six foot lengths and sink them in a quart container of concrete like those yogurt and cottage cheese come in.

That way a woman can move the poles to where she wants them to be and strap on the fencing material in short segments using simple plastic tie wraps.

What do you suggest is the cheapest suitable fence post material that will be ridiculously cheap? I'm thinking the length needs to be five or six feet long and maybe 1/2 inch in width (where I can drill attachment holes).

I'm thinking plastic pipe is probably too flimsy. So I'm thinking offhand of some kind of cheap metal pipe.

Any suggestions? It has to be ridiculously cheap to be worth the effort.

Reply to
Charlie

Not found.

What keeps this fence from falling over?

The people rebuilding the bridge around here put up a fence to keep people out of the worksite and though they have more money to spend, what they used was vertical pipes that have inverted T's inserte in the bottom, sticking out about a foot in both iirc directions. (I can go check tomorrow if you want.) Some of horizontal parts have 20? pound bags of Play Sand on them so they don't tip over.

What's the stiff pipe used for water in places t hat allow it? PVC, uv resistant? I don't think it's too flimsy.

I think I bought a 10 foot piece for 2$ but that was 15 years ago when I had a plan to drain the soil around the new cherry tree. It turned out t hat I couldn't get the pipe through the dirt, so you can have one piece if you want it.

Reply to
micky