Nutty California judge awards 1.6M over 2x4s not being 2" by 4"

MDF and particle board seems to be full "inch" sized.

I made some stuff with MDF recently and my 1/2" router bit was perfect. I wouldn't use particle board for anything tho.

Reply to
gfretwell

That's what I thought was still so on the composites. Particle board is an ok substrate for laminate in dry applications; otherwise agree it's of limited uses.

Reply to
dpb

Don't say that word "gasoline" too loud.

If a California judge finds out that US gallons are smaller than Canadian gallons, there might be another law suit in the works. After all, how many US gas stations actually specify that their price is "per US gallon"? If it's not made crystal clear, Canadian tourists would naturally presume it would be per Canadian gallon.

Reply to
nestork

Most Canadians would have a hard time remembering gasoline being sold by the gallon.

Reply to
gfretwell

From what I've read this case isn't as nutty as it appears. This is not about 2x4s not being 2" by 4". It is about Lowes selling lumber that is even shorter than 1.5" x 3.5" standard.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Where did you read that? I'd love to see the specifics. I've seen some info that suggests it wasn't 2x4's at all, but composite deck material that was sized like regular wood product and they got nailed because you can only do the undersizing for real wood, even though the products are used for the same purpose.

Reply to
trader_4

read the judgement.

yeah, right.

Reply to
Pico Rico

Excepting they're spec'ed minus-32nds...

Same available from Amana, Freud, CMT and sizable number of the inexpensives as well...

Reply to
dpb

That's key.

I usually picked up supplies at the fence company that built my fence.

But one time I thought, "I have money. Why go there. Just call them up and have it delivered. Ten rails, 80 pickets and some nails.

Well they forgot the nails, the pickets were fine but the rails, at least 3 of them, were obviously the worst rails they had and they'd found a way to ge rid of them. I've saved them for when I need a 4' rail instead of 8 feet.

Now they don't even make my pickets, alas. No one does.

Reply to
micky

So how do you do it?

Reply to