No posts?

Then GFY

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Have you checked into being buried in your convertible, with the top down, of course?

Reply to
Jim Joyce

"Flip it myself" means I do all the damned work, not sell it to a flipper.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Virginia never had much trouble with that but I did notice few fireflies at dusk now. They say the mosquito mists the city uses on uses on us are the cause. You can't opt out of it.

Reply to
cshenk

Maybe. It was city grass, not very thick and no thatch afaicr, especially under the tree, mowable with a push non-power lawnmower, but yours is the first suggested explanation I've gotten.

I don't remember many acorns. Maybe after the first 10 I lost interestx, since they are all pretty much the same. We must have loads but I don't remember.

I went on a survival hike near Tuxedo NY when I lived in Brooklyn. We were only allowed to bring 5 things, a hook, a line, a sierra cup, and I forget the other two things. Probably matches was one.

They were going to show us how to survive in the woods. One of the foods was cooked acorns. Apparently they are pretty cood. But you have to simmer the pot for iirc 12 hours, and you need to gather wood and water for allthat boiling. Seemed pretty impractical.

We also caught fish. Some people hadn't bothered to bring a hook or line so they said we could catch the fish but they could iirc bait the hook and take the fish off the hook. Some people bawked at that, saying they could go 2 days without eating. Sure, so can I, but the ideas was to be able to go weeks in the woods.

I caught one. I think they were all sunfish, and you could cook them whole and the scales popped off by themselves in the fire. Then you could eat them whole, like popcorn. Much better than the acorns we never made.

Reply to
micky

I have a friend who I wanted to be my executor. She's very competent but never made much money, and she can use the money for what I think won't be that much work. That is, the hourly return based on normal executor's fees will a lot be higher than her current job. 2, 3, 4 r 5x as much. But I don't really know so I can't promise her that, and she's afraid it will be too much work, because of the house. Then I get afraid she'll cut corners and not try enough to give that part of my stuff that can be useful to the specific people who can use it. I"m afraid she'll call one or zero ebay guys and the flipper will call one trash guy who will, on his own, sell a few things but not most, and that will the end of a lot of good stuff.

Reply to
micky

If the car is still running, that would be a waste of a good car. I get "upset" when they wreck cars in the movies. Plus I'd have to buy 4, maybe 6 plots.

Reply to
micky

I got that. I'm saying that even calling to find a flipper is too much for me, let alone doing it myself.

Reply to
micky

Jim Joyce wrote on 3/7/2024 4:15 PM:

Then mud and water will ruin the upholstery in the convertible. I suggest the top up, plus a corrugated galvanized steel panel bent into a semicircle to form a tunnel-style garage before filling the hole with dirt, to protect Mickey and his convertible for eternity.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

micky wrote on 3/7/2024 5:53 PM:

I don't know if you really have eaten sunfish before. Sunfish has plenty of tiny bones throughout the meat. That means you cannot fillet a sunfish due to the fine bones in the meat. You have to use a fork to pick the meat off from the fine bones in order to eat it. If you swallow the sunfish whole, the fine bones in the sunfish's meat (and the main skeletal bone) will puncture your guts.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

micky wrote on 3/7/2024 5:53 PM:

Thatch is formed by grass clippings and moss. There is no moss if you don't live in a rainy place, but definitely there will be grass clippings. If you use a dethatching claw you will find out that you have more thatch than grass in your lawn.

You can use a garden leaf rake as a dethatcher:

invalid unparseable

Well, they were about 2" long, 1-3", they looked like fish, and we ate them whole. They lived in a lake in Harriman State Park near Tuxedo Park NY (from where the word tuxedo comes). So what kind of fish do you think they were? Possibilities follow:

Fish listed from Harriman Park: Largemouth Bass, Chain Pickerel, panfish, perch.

The term panfish or pan-fish has been used to refer to a wide range of edible freshwater and saltwater fish species that are small enough to cook whole in one frying pan. One early-20th-century source identifies all the following as panfish: yellow perch, candlefish, balaos, sand launces, rock bass, bullheads, minnows, Rocky Mountain whitefish, sand rollers, crappie, yellow bass, white bass, croaker and most of the common small sunfishes such as bluegill and redear sunfish.[3]

Centrarchidae, better known as sunfishes, is a family of freshwater ray-finned fish

The centrarchid family includes 34 identified extamt species.

So maybe they are not all so hard to eat whole?

Reply to
micky

"From dust to dust". I don't want to be preserved.

I will consult with the mortician about preserving the car.

Reply to
micky

When I have time, I'll go back to my old home in western Pa. and check if my recollection is correct. I still think it is.

Reply to
micky

I don't care what happens to my stuff when I'm gone. It's just stuff. Eventually it'll be landfilled anyway. I don't have that much stuff. Clothes, books, kitchen goods. My husband has a ton of tools; he's told me who to contact to help me dispose of them knowledgeably.

My husband wants me to will our estate to his buddy. I find I'm curiously reluctant to do so. He seems oddly adamant on the topic. We just don't talk about it. Whoever dies first, the survivor will do what he/she wants.

I don't really care what happens to my body. There's nobody to take custody of the ashes if I have myself cremated, and I doubt I could instruct my executor (whoever that ends up being) to put them in the trash. Maybe one of those "green" burials.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I thought you were being sarcastic.

Do you have anyone else's estate to deal with?

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

As a wealthy elite Democrat you have an obligation to restore the home to its original condition and donate it to some of Gretchen's illegal invaders. It takes a village, remember?

Reply to
Ben Verified - ✅

My brother is 7 years older than I. If he goes first, I'm the executor. I really should read the whole, long will and discuss with him anything I don't understand, but I haven't.

Reply to
micky

micky wrote on 3/8/2024 1:23 PM:

You should never ride in the same vehicle, fly in the same flight, or use the same elevator with your brother at the same time, just in case.

I heard the president and the vice president use similar prudent precautions.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I get ya. Mom used to buy places like that and us 3 kids and her 'flipped' them though that wasn't a term in the 60's and 70's. It's how Mom made a living to support us 4. I think it was between 15 and

20 houses. Call it a unique childhood. While I was learning at school, I was learning other skills at home.

Stood me in good stead on my own places later in life but now I'm a lot older and disabled, sad to say. Gosh I had a screaming good time in my

26 years Navy but it all adds up to a toll on the body. No regrets though, I've had too much fun!

Carol

Reply to
cshenk