New steel garage door

Does $1,040 sound like a fair price for replacing an old wooden garage door with a new sectional double-layer (25 gauge steel + insulation) door with windows? The existing opener is to be reused. Thanks.

Reply to
ftom

Forgot to add this is a 16x7 door in So. California.

Reply to
ftom

Forgot to add this is a 16x7 door in So. California.

Reply to
ftom

I did this not too long ago with a similarly sized door. That price is quite reasonable if it's a good quality door.

Reply to
Abe

Forgot to add that this is a 16x7 door in So. California.

Reply to
ftom

Forgot to add that this is a 16x7 door in So. California.

Reply to
ftom

You'll have to provide a few more clues.

How big is the unit? Do new tracks need to be installed? Is it a basic low-end steel unit, or a high grade heavily insulated one? Windows? Thermo-pane?

For comaris> Does $1,040 sound like a fair price for replacing an old wooden garage

Reply to
Andrew Duane

Sounds like in the ball park to me. It's been 4-5 years but I had installed an 18X7with new opener for about $1,300 in Delaware. Frank

Reply to
Frank

[...]

Hi, Sounds fair to me. Up here I just had a bottom section replaced and door tune up for 250.00 CAD. Section was dinged backing up in a hurry causing door misalignment chewing up the weather strpping.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

What size?

Reply to
Meat Plow

It is a 16x7 door, in So. California.

Reply to
ftom

I'm up in SFO, I got a few estimates last month for similar size door, with new tracks and torsion spring.

..

Reply to
John JJ