Neighbors' door

I just now met another Neighbor Lady,,Jen knocked on My door and said She broke Her key off in the front door..I grabbed a few tools and went to help..I could'nt get hold of the broken part of the key with My needlenose pliers and She wanted to just kick it in! I had one more idea tho and picked up the small prybar I had brought with,,stuck it between the door and jam right by the knob and pried against the jam pushing the door one way and the jam the other way,,the door popped open and just a dent in the wooden jam/doorstop for damage..She unlocked it from inside and I asked Her to test it to see if it still latched,,it did so no more adjustments needed by Me..She and Her Boyfriend can work on gettin the old key out or replacing the entry set with new..That's My good deed for the day.. I shoulda told Her to get a deadbolt,,it's too easy to gain entry there.. Dean

Reply to
Dean

Are you sure the lady actually still lived there? And that it wasn't the BF's house, and she was the ex, and the locks had been changed on her? Such things are not unknown, and it would be awful hard to explain your participation to a black-and-white that rolled up on the scene.

Just sayin'

aem sends...

Reply to
<aemeijers

I installed a security system for a guy many years ago whose sister had let in some guys who said they were there to move some furniture for her brother. Then she went to work. They cleaned out his house. they never found any of it. boy did she feel dumb.

Reply to
spike

sounds like a scam.

Reply to
roger61611

Understood and TY Guys.. If a Sherriff shows up I&#39;ll hand Em the tools and My Hikers so They have the evidence to convict Me for helping a neighbor in need,,there&#39;s a plain set of My tracks over and back!!I&#39;ll just tell Em what happened if it comes up and let the chips fall where they may..The black n white would have to be a white n gold Deputy Sherriff cause this town is too small to have a police force..I get what Yer All sayin tho and thanks..It&#39;s usually pretty mellow here..When I crank-up the old Bose

901s I&#39;m about as loud as this town gets!! except for the one and only bar accross the street occasionally.. On the few occasions when I thought something was stolen I found it right where I left it later on,,,all except one small compressor but I might have left that on the jobsite,,I just dunno..My stuff being borrowed and not returned tho,,THAT&#39;S another story lately!! Speaking of the 901s does anyone have a set of the same for sale? I need two more for the back channels! Gotta make My classic rock(top tracks DTV)reeeelly shine sometimes! Dean in Tiny Town,,Midwest,USA
Reply to
Dean

If you were concerned about her welfare, you&#39;d have done it right. She could have gotten cold out there. Invite her in to your place to take the chill off. Open a bottle of wine so she can relax from the stress of this ordeal. Pull the curtains closed so bright light would not cause her a headache, may be rub her shoulders to relieve the stress.

Carry on with your good deed.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Dean" wrote in news:1169168889.300574.218000 @l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Well if it wasn&#39;t a scam then...

I bet she didn&#39;t tell you she had a boyfriend until AFTER the rescue:-)

Reply to
Al Bundy

give the guy a break, he was just helping a neighbor, one day one of you or yours may need help...........

i too help people, it generally trns out fine

Reply to
hallerb

Hey Edwin,,I like the way You think!!Is Your real name Casanova?!?!She&#39;s a good lookin Brunette!!Just the way this balding blonde guy likes Em! But,,sadly,,She&#39;s maybe 1/2 My age and mentioned a boyfriend..Not to mention I got slapped for playing with the other neighbor Ladys&#39; cat while drinking wine!!LOL,,no lie,,was almost 2 weeks ago.. Riesling and insane Strawberry Blondes just do&#39;nt mix for Me I guess..One minute She was showing Me a photo album and the next minute,,,whap! AND,,the cat bit Me.. Dean Dean

Reply to
Dean

It&#39;s all good Guys,,,all good,,no cops knockin down the door yet and looks like Her car is still there too..Heh heh,,I do&#39;nt remember exactly when She mentioned the BF,,coulda been after..That&#39;s something I learned a looong time ago,,respect another Guys Gal as His and leave it alone,,I felt bad for many years the one time I did&#39;nt..Did get a pretty good Son out of the ordeal tho!! Hard to believe He&#39;s 25 now!! But this is&#39;nt a sounding board and I gotta get My dose of TV plus work tomorrow.. Mr Bundy,,Al,,thanks for the input,,How&#39;s Peg and the Kids?,,hallerb,,thanks for defending Me from Als&#39; scathing tounge.. I coulda been killed! Dean Moral of the story,,If Ya do&#39;nt have a deadbolt,,,get one,,,with a 1&#39; prybar it was quick n quiet gettin Her door open..

Reply to
Dean

That would never be a problem for me. The cop cars here are blue and white.

Reply to
mm

For future use, when you break a key off in a lock, you should test whether inserting the rest of the key operates the lock. Learned this from a lock smith. ;)

tom @

Tom The Great

Mebbe SHE had too much wine. What on earth were you doing to the cat?

Reply to
Norminn

You should have brought a hack saw blade.

Funny thing, I had to help a neighbor brake into her home a few days ago. Her 2 year old was inside and had locked the glass storm door when she had gone out to get the mail. As it turned out the method you used was the one that worked the easiest and least damage in that case.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I doubt if anyone intending on breaking in would go to a neighbor to get help. After all that just attracts attention to something going on. If they are into house breaking, they would have brought their own tools.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Heard about a mom who handled the same situation very neatly: told the kid, "Oh, too bad, now you can&#39;t get out." Kid unlocked the door instantly.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Petting its&#39; head..Then it bit so I thought it was playing and played back,,not mean tho,,just petted and when it tried to bite again I pulled My hand away quick..I guess it was "all My fault" but what I have issues with is the punnishment,,it did&#39;nt fit the "crime" so I&#39;m not goin back over there..When a woman hits Ya,Ya ca&#39;nt even defend Yourself,,just leave and stay away from that action..I did tell Her off on My way out tho,,I was pissed off,,Gettin slapped is rare for Me,,nuthin I&#39;d care to do every day..

Reply to
Dean

I think that would have worked well with a kid a little older, this one was not up to talking yet. I doubt if she knew how to lock or unlock a door.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

She said She tried that,,the key was broke about flush,,could&#39;nt even grab it with needlenose pliers.. Dean

Reply to
Dean

Ex GF 2 years ago had a 2 year old girl,,,cute as hell but a true Hellion!!We used to smoke on the enclosed front porch I had then,,Frankie Blue Eyes(girls nickname)would lock us out because She was mad that She could&#39;nt be with Us,,had to knock on My own door for one of Her older kids to let Us in!!Every hour or so!! Eventually I turned the knobs around so the lock mech was toward the porch!! Used to get comments on that!! Heh heh,never did get locked IN!! I have a deadbolt so could still lock-up when not home.. Dean

Reply to
Dean