need flywheel (grinder wheel) for GE disposal model GFC800Y

I have a GE 1/2 horsepower garbage disposal, model GFC800Y, about 6 years old. I need the grinder wheel (I think officially it is called flywheel S.A.). I found a diagram online that shows it as part # WC19X0042.

One online place says it is obsolete. Sears online has a stock number for it but they cannot get it either. The disposal is fine except for needing a wheel. Anyone know where I can get one or have any advice?

Thanks, Tim C.

Reply to
Tim C.

The part number that you have might be obsolete because the manufacturer may have replaced it with a newer model. Give these guys a call:

Make sure that you have the model number and serial number handy.

Reply to
John Grabowski

number

Hi,

WC19X0042 is WC19X42

Comes up No Longer Available for me at every place that I tried :(

they can help. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Don't waste any more time on it. Check Consumer Reports on the best disposers and simply replace what you have with one of those. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

In addition to the flywheel problem, the disposer has now developed a water leak underneath and tightening doesn't seem to fix it.....we are going to just replace it.

Thanks to all who responded.

Tim

Reply to
Tim C.

Hi and Happy New Years,

Thankx for the update! jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid