GE lower spray arm removal

I have looked for but cannot find the way to remove the lower spray arm on my GE dishwasher. The thing won't drain and I suspect it's being used as a garbage disposal and is plugged up. The washer fills, then sprays, then when it goes to empty, nothing goes into the sink drain. I can watch the solenoid kick on when it is time for the empty cycle, so that leads me to the following conclusions:

1) timer is good 2) float is fine (but you should have seen the gunk on it) 3) solenoid works 4) fill valve works

I need to get the spray arm off to see what's plugged up down there.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Hi all,

If the d/w is not draining, checking under the spray arm won't help much....pump inlet, drain hose, drain solenoid, etc are things that can/will stop the draining....some not draining helps....

jeff3 ;) Appliance Repair Aid

jeff