Need advise on bathtub

Hello all,

My 70-year-old San Jose home has a relatively new bathroom. The bathtub has a problem: The person installing it has put it in a way that the side against the wall accumulates water.

There are tiles on the wall. How do I straighten this bathtub without breaking the tiles?

Here is a photo:

Thanks!

Deguza

Reply to
Deguza

Requires a visitor to have a Microsoft Onedrive account. I doubt many will sign up just to see your picture. Post it to a free server somewhere, such as

Sam Hill

Lower the side farthest rom the wall?

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Would there be some sort of material you could apply to the tub and slope it away from the wall? Trowel it on? There are shower wall panels that look like tile. Would there be some way to make a strip out of one and put the bottom edge of it at the tub sidewall? I can't picture it looking good though.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Not so. At bottom of screen is a "No Thanks, Show Anyway" button.

That's how I saw the pic.

Reply to
Retired

It would seem the tiles are not the problem, the problem is the tub was not put in level. You're screwed. Maybe you can get one of those tub refinishing companies to put an insert in over it. But I can't think of any reasonable solution to solve what a level would have done at install time.

Reply to
trader_4

Consider grouting or caulking in a length of 1/2" PVC pipe in the corner edge.

Or for a "quick & dirty", hang a shower rod just below the window sill, with a shower curtain trimmed to hang just over the tub edge.

Reply to
Retired

Oh, so there is. Very small print and I missed it, most likely as they intended. But then, my browser (Linux/SeaMonkey) gets hung up "transferring data" from many odd sites, including skype.com, bn130files.storage.live.com and numerous others ... maybe because I refused all the cookies. So, no thanks!

Make it simple, Deguza. Use imgur.com

Reply to
Sam Hill

I think you hit the nail on the head.

What I can't understand is the knucklehead who did this crappy install did not check for level!!

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Add tub molding or edging?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

It does not. It puts up an advertisement, which you can close.

Some might. That could be why they put that junk up there.

Reply to
Sam E

better that way than having the water run out both ends onto the floor.

Just wipe it down when you are finished. The lip on the back of the tub behind the tile will not let water past.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Never understood why you'd want a window in a shower/tub enclosure.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Well, for some bathrooms, that's the only place to put a window. A window is much appreciated for the natural light it lets in. But the best type window, in my opinion, is one of those transom styles. It's up high on the wall for privacy but does brighten the room.

Here are two pictures I snagged off the internet. The first picture is quite similar to the one I have in a bathroom addition but it's just a smidge larger than mine.

The second picture is of one that's more narrow and high up the wall.

Some open for ventilation and some do not; mine does not.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Thanks for your suggestion.

Here is the new URL on Imgur:

Deguza

When you look at it, the accumulation starts sort of the in the middle and continues to the left corner.

Reply to
Deguza

Reply to
Deguza

Real good ideas!

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 4:03:24 PM UTC-8, Retired

wrote:

Reply to
Deguza

Or for even easier access, picpaste. You don't even have to allow scripts to see the picture. No advertising crap, either.

Reply to
Diesel

For houses built before ventilation fans were common, it was a good way to ventilate the room.

My bathroom has a window, but someone added a three-season porch that now covers it. When we remodeled the bathroom a couple of years ago, we kept the window. There's a pane of glass nearly flush with the shower walls, some glass shelves, then an openable sash on the outside. We've got colored art glass on the glass shelves. It's gorgeous when the sun comes through there in the late afternoon.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli