Looking for a lock with a low profile knob

Hello all,

- I need a knob for an "entry door knob" that is very short.

- Willing to replace the whole lock, if no replacement knob is available.

- Ideally, it would be like the "inside thumbturn" of the deadbolt lock in the photo here:

- The current entry door knob (at the bottom in the photo)is preventing us from opening the door to a pantry fully, and I am not able to pull out the shelves :(

- We actually do not lock the entry door lock.

- I do not want to get another deadbolt.

- I scoured all the catalogs online, I only found this:

It was not available at the store so I ordered one online, but I am not sure if it is going to work. When it arrives I'll know, but in the meantime, I am looking for alternatives.

Thanks,

Deguza

Reply to
Deguza

The one that is not the deadlock, right?

You've totally confused me because you say the bottom one is interfereing with opening the door but it's the top one you want to replace. And the top one doesn't look like it interferes with anything.

What shelves? Or just don't mention shelves.

Reply to
micky

A coat of paint wouldn't hurt either ;-)

Reply to
Wade Garrett

She didn't say she wants to replace the top one, it's the bottom one.

Reply to
trader_4

What are you intending to do with that privacy lock? Try to use just the inside handle from it and hope it fits the rest of the existing lock? Good luck with that. Or replace an entry lock with the whole thing, which gives you a privacy lock, which can be opened with a pass key for an outside door? The latter would work, but it will be strange. Also since the lock is for inside use, IDK how it will hold up with outside exposure.

I would try a local locksmith, they may either know a solution or have catalogs that they can check.

Reply to
trader_4

I am in a pretty hostile environment here and I don't see that much difference between interior and exterior locks in the same product lines. Most residential stuff is crap anyway. If that folding lever deal works for him, go for it. He is only looking for a passage set anyway since he has the dead bolt for security. I have the same thing here for my front door. Most "key in the knob" lock sets are a joke to a burglar.

Reply to
gfretwell

There is only one lock I cannot pick. Cheapest lock ever. I can open your safe faster than you can.

Reply to
Thomas

Hello Micky,

Posting using a different account, but it is me Deguza.

I want to change the one at the bottom. As you said, the one at the top does not interfere with anything.

Let me just simplify the interference part: The bottom knob won't let a pantry door open...

Thanks!

Deguza

As for intere

Reply to
Artur Deguzman

Paint is next! My buddy who helped me change the orientation of the door had dirty gloves...

Deguza

Reply to
Artur Deguzman

The knob for the lock interferes with my pantry door.

The gismo I ordered does not protrude as much.

If it works, it will replace the protruding knob only, and will be indoors.

Thanks,

Deguza

Reply to
Artur Deguzman

Hello Thomas,

Which lock you cannot pick?

Deguza

Reply to
Artur Deguzman

Well, the doorknow you have now is standard and I haven't seen anything smaller with a lock. I"m surprised you found one.

Our first house had big glass doorknobs, on doors without locks. The one inside the hall closet was missing the glass part, so it was only as big as half a spool of thread. If anyone ever closed the door on himself in the closet, he'd have a heck of time getting out. But I was the only one small enough to fit among the coats and even I didn't fall for that.

Reply to
micky