Hook for holding door open

I've been asked to provide a hook to hold a door open.

The hook on the attached picture is what's there on a post and I hope to retain that, what I need is the larger bit of hardware that fits on the door.

Because the door only goes back so far when open, the distance between the door and post is 18cm, or 15cm between door and hook. I need a hook suited to what's shown on the photo.

I've searched online and not seen anything of a similar design.

Murmansk

Anything?

Andy Burns

Looks to me like that could be something as simple as a length of chain to hook over the fixed catch. Or neater a loop of bent metal rod.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Anything?

I agree a lot of the items shown look suitable for the type of hook shown but the problem I have is the 15cm distance between door and hook

Reply to
Murmansk

An option would be to mount the hook on long bolts so it does reach a short hinged hook on the door.

Reply to
Dave W

If the bottom of the door is close to the floor, maybe ditch the hook and try something like this?

Richard

Make an alternative using Golf balls? ...

Adrian Caspersz

invalid

Does it have to be rigid? I'm sure one could fashion a hook and attach it to a piece of rope attached to the other end.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

In the end I bought a door chain used to let a door open only wide enough to peer through - I'll screw that to the door in such a position that its length is exactly that which is needed when attached to the hook.

Reply to
Murmansk