National Ammo Day

Are you one of those ultra conservative nuts?

Remember, gun nuts should always be protected by a properly fitted cup.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Well," if one were too dense" to deduce the flaw in your question, hence my question, the I'll have to explain.

  1. For every box of ammo sold to each non law abiding citizen I would hope at least one or more boxes would be sold to each law abiding citizen.
  2. If you are implying sales of ammo should be limited because a non law abiding citizen may purchase some then you must also believe that sales of cars should be limited. For some non law abiding citizen may use it as a get away car.
Reply to
tnom

scissor off

Good luck. Something just won't sink in about top posting..

Reply to
Oren

There's another possibility. In some states, possession of a Concealed Handgun License exempts the bearer from the NICS check, so the FBI has no knowledge of those transactions (probably not a lot). Some other folks are also exempt, such as peace officers.

Even though I'm exempt from an NICS check, I make it a practice to NEVER buy a gun from a dealer.

Reply to
HeyBub

Interesting. I hadn't considered that. Now that I have, I still don't care.

Well, I CARE a little bit, but the alternatives are far worse than a handfull of do-bads stocking up on ammunition. Chances are that the goblins who end up with a trunkfull of bullets will use them mostly to kill other goblins. So that's good.

Reply to
HeyBub

I bought 1540 rounds of 7.62x25 just a couple of weeks ago; I'm kind of tapped out for a while. (I do have 100 rounds of .380 still on backorder from about 5 or 6 months ago...)

How about if I buy a handgun or two instead? Does that count? :-)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Buying ammo now is like buying gold, in more ways than one. You should have bought both a few years ago when houses were thought to be the best investment.

Reply to
gfretwell

I jumped the gun and bought mine today. I found 200 rnds of 45 at Walmart today. :)

Reply to
Jim Rusling

Works for me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So, what do you do if you want a brand new gun?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reasonable. Is it done that way for ammo? I doubt it but don't actually know.

Reply to
dgk

In NY State: Show pistol permit to buy pistol ammo. Ammo must match one of the guns listed on the permit. Rifle ammo: Nobody's ever asked me for anything but money.

NYC may or may not be different. I have no idea.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

New law in California. Buyer must present identification and that information, plus a thumbprint, is logged by the seller. Also, all sales must be face-to-face, i.e., no more internet sales.

Reply to
HeyBub

I thought that didn't take effect until January of 2010.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

NIB or new to me? For new-to-me, I generally buy guns from individuals at gun shows (the so-called "gun show loophole"). Of these, there are two kinds: The guy who rented a table (~$100) to facilitate his private buying and selling, and the guy walking around with a gun in his hand (code for "stop me and ask how much I'll take").

I've picked up a couple of guns at estate sales, but they're generally over-priced.

Hint: If you represent a corporation, the corporation can buy a gun without a background check. This is most useful for buying fully-automatic weapons. When asked on the ATF form for the purpose of obtaining a fully-automatic weapon, the appropriate answer is "investment."

Reply to
HeyBub

Yep. With sufficient ammunition, all other things are obtainable - including gold.

Reply to
HeyBub

"Cheri" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

As if that's gonna stop people from driving to Nevada,Arizona,or Oregon and buying a carload there. Hell,that's the next criminal enterprise;smuggled out-of-state ammo,sold out of auto trunks. then Kalifornia is going to whine for National controls on ammo,and the Appeaser In Chief and his DemocRAT Congress will oblige them.

one more reason for CA residents to stock up early. Especially the criminal element.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I'm leaving CA in July of 2010. :-)

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

TX - 18+ to buy rifle ammo, 21+ to buy pistol ammo. As long as you meet the age requirements we don't care what you buy. And certainly no pistol permits specifying specific guns.

Reply to
Pete C.

Other than the amusement of blowing $100 in ammo in a few seconds on the range, why exactly would anyone want a full auto gun? In my not so humble opinion, full auto is only good for wasting valuable ammo.

Reply to
Pete C.