National Compressor rebuilders

Looking for any one who has experienced using a re built compressor from National compressors. I am changing out a 60 ton Trane (600R). thanks for any comments Bob

Reply to
Bob reagan

I have found that the best Trane rebuilds come from Trane, The Best Carrier rebuilds come from Carrier, etc. I have not had good luck from third party rebuilders. I don't know anyone who has had good luck with third party rebuilders either. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money on a superior product.

Stretch

Reply to
stretch

For the most part, that's true. There are 2 compressor rebuilders around here. One is great and I've never had a problem with and the other gives me fits on about half of their compressors. Guess which one I use exclusively now?

I did bid a job for a rooftop customer a couple of years ago. I got prices from both rebuilders and didn't feel comfortable with the cheaper one. I lost the job to another company who used the cheaper company. I told the general manager not to call me back on the job. He called and told me about the problems he was having with getting the other company to service the unit, as they would never come back out. You guessed it, the brand new rebuild was bad. I gave the manager the same price I had before. Never heard from them again.

Reply to
HeatMan

Hi stretch, hope you are having a nice day

On 28-Mar-05 At About 15:07:47, stretch wrote to All Subject: Re: National Compressor rebuilders

s> From: "stretch"

s> I have found that the best Trane rebuilds come from Trane, The Best s> Carrier rebuilds come from Carrier, etc. I have not had good luck s> from third party rebuilders. I don't know anyone who has had good s> luck with third party rebuilders either. Do yourself a favor and s> spend the extra money on a superior product.

s> Stretch

I always have good luck with G & S and they always stand behind what they do.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2