National mourning?

Who decides that everybody should be sad for eight days over Prince Philip?

I'm not gleeful, but I can't say that I'm properly glum, either. How do I get into the mood?

Reply to
GB

Glen Miller

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Declaring national mourning is about recognising the fact by public bodies. For example, it allows flags to be flown at half mast on public buildings. Individuals are not required to recognise it.

Reply to
nightjar

Here was one man from a number of European families which have been suppressing the rest of us for centuries.

Perhaps not mourning, but celebrating that there is one less snout in the Golden Trough?

Reply to
gareth evans

Are you seeking to emulate a future Hull University graduate?

Reply to
Robin

We got Liz to go yet...that should mean more brown nosing for a month and a state funeral.

Reply to
jon

I was phoned at about 7-7.30 for permission to fly my building's flag at half mast.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That's gone whoosh, right past me, I'm afraid.

Reply to
GB

I've awarded myself a gamma -(?--) for my attempt to link your post with Hull University's alleged policy of devaluing understanding of proper English like what it ought to be said and writ.

Reply to
Robin

Robert Jenrick's union flag reaches from floor to ceiling. How does he fly it at half mast ?.

Reply to
Andrew

what a life he had killing Italians then a life of leisure....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Yes and why should it affect radio playlists other than removing downright insensitive stuff things should carry on as normal after a day or so. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Wall to wall cold play tracks should fit the bill I think, Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

BBC seem to be still at it with their tracks. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Actually of all of those he is probably not the one you would like to get rid of first but then its age it catches up with all of us eventually. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Didn't see any MPs wearing black arm bands today, as half the half the media claimed they would.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Possibly a reference to Hull U's recent announcement that they are aren't going to deduct exam marks for semi-literate candidates (unless it's an English exam)?

Surely Hull hasn't been in the news for anything else?

Reply to
JNugent

Not if we are in another lockdown :)

Reply to