My crappy new washing machine

Infusor

quoted text -

Whirlpool also makes them & they're even worse. They have the electronic controls that always break.

Reply to
JJ

KRW is/was an EE (electrical engineer) if I'm not mistaken.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Sure. Retired once, but wanted to have more fun so went back for a second round (i.e. still actively working), if that gives another clue but JSB is terminally clueless.

Reply to
krw

e:

=3D=3D LIke I told you in a prior post...your controls are FAULTY or your settings are incorrectly programmed. Have you even checked to see if the water hose valves are even fully opened and clear of silt, etc.?

Get someone with expertise to check this machine out...there is something fishy here. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

Okay, I admit it... You are a complete moron. Maybe throw in "anal retentive" as well.

Reply to
salty

Infusor

All front loaders tend to get that fishy smell. It's a well known issue.

Reply to
salty

Oh, OK. In that case, he is yet another example of someone who retired incorrectly. People like that are all over usenet.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Infusor

== LIke I told you in a prior post...your controls are FAULTY or your settings are incorrectly programmed. Have you even checked to see if the water hose valves are even fully opened and clear of silt, etc.?

Get someone with expertise to check this machine out...there is something fishy here. ==

The machine may actually be working as designed, although his observations sound absurd. But in order for him to have any kind of a case against GE, it would be a good idea to arrange for a service call while the thing is under warranty. This way, someone else can document their observations.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You really are stupid beyond belief.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

Please show us when a manufacturer a thousand miles away showed up to defend such a case in a small claims court in some town where the manufacturer is not the retailer. Or a case where the manufacturer suffered a default judgment because they didn't show up to defend the case.

I gather by your confidence that you can show such a case with no trouble at all. It sounds like maybe you've won a case like that yourself.

Reply to
Matt

I'm serious. Your arrogance indicates that when you retired, you had no plan for keeping yourself relevant and occupied. You're nasty, and it's only going to get worse. Go back to work. Find something to do. And take a hatchet to your TV.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Thank you Salty, I printed the picture out and am taking it to Lowe's today.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

I wanted a pair of those front loading washer/matching dryer sets but at the time they cost way too much. Laundry isn't my life, I just like getting all my dirty clothing etc clean once a week.

Then I read that the wash cycle on those front loaders takes

90 minutes. Holy crow, if that's true it's a deal breaker for me. That would put the DAY in laundry day for me, forget it.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

Where did you read about the 90 minute wash cycle for "those front loaders"?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Somewhere, why, do you have evidence to the contrary? As a matter of fact, I think it was Consumer Reports, I'm sure that's not your favorite source. Someone wrote in How can they be energy saving if they run that long, that's why I noticed it.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

They will be forced to send a representative, or you'll win a default judgment.

Think. I know it's tough. They don't get the choice of whether to be sued, or not.

Reply to
keith

The one in my basement is my evidence. It's a Frigidaire model GLTR1670A, purchased in 2004. It's done in 45-50 minutes, less for the delicate cycle, and slightly more for the "Heavy Load" cycle. But never more than an hour.

I like Consumer Reports, and I'd be surprised if they made an all-inclusive statement without actually timing the cycles.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Nonsense. We have Maytag front loaders in our lodge laundromat. The do a full cycle in 28 mins. OTOH, it's true that once you close that front door and start the cycle, that's it. It doesn't unlock till it's done.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Infusor

Well i thought the reference was to the new generation of front loaders. Yes, i remember the front loaders of the 60's. We had one. My uncle had to come over about once a year to replace the boot around the door. Those used a lot more water than the new ones now-a-days.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Infusor

Joe, don't worry bout that guy, he's totally arrogant at all times. Fuck him. Like i said, the damn front loaders (the new generation of them, if we have to spell it out) haven't been out long enough to have a "track record". Period. If we were to be speaking of the ones of days of old, then yes, they are junk. All those old front loaders were junk.

Reply to
Steve Barker