My crappy new washing machine

Infusor

At least in my state the small claims type stuff is handled by a magistrate. If you name someone in a complaint and they don't appear the magistrate can render a default judgment. I have done this in the past where a big mega company adopted the tactic of "we are mega company and you are nothing" .

The nice part is you don't need a lawyer so if you are level headed, know your rights and do your homework you can prevail. This assumes of course that you did all of the normal correspondence prior to filing the complaint, kept excellent records and aren't a nut. It really annoys the $500 perfect haircut lawyers when they are compelled to deal with average folk who they hate so much.

Reply to
George

I guess all that energy to make that steel is so "green" also. LMMFAO!! these people are a joke, joe.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Yes, and contrary to what the state of Kansas my advertise, those mountain lions are not just in the southwest. We have them here also, whether they like to admit it or not. AND they WILL be dead if _I_ see one.

Reply to
Steve Barker

LMAO! ya ok. I think i wouldn't mention that i used it. duh. Besides the local authorized repair could care less, they'll get paid.

Reply to
Steve Barker

the new generation of front loaders is different. The water does not come up on the door, and you can add to it anytime you want.

Reply to
Steve Barker

not true, even if you select "heavy" and "extra rinse" ours takes 70 minutes. If neither of those selected, then 50.

Reply to
Steve Barker

OOPS! ....38 mins.

nb

Reply to
notbob

That's why I said 'If it's true' ... if I ever decide to get a front loader, I'll certainly check cycle time before choosing a model. My washer seems to take about a half hour given the normal cycle.

I'm sure they didn't; as I said, someone wrote in asking about that

90 minute cycle, I didn't go to the library to check what in the article alluded to that.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

Tip: If you run into one of these big kitties, DON'T RUN.

All cats have a chase reflex; if you run, you're dead.

The cat may bother you if you stand still, but "maybe" is better than "for sure."

Reply to
HeyBub

Reported minutes for Bosch & Whirlpool:

Permanent press - 56 Regular cotton - 60 Reg cotton with temp boost - 90 XXtraSanitary - 140

Reply to
HeyBub

Almost 2-1/2 hrs? What's it do, burn the clothes and reweave them?

nb

Reply to
notbob

That was my question. Heck it only takes 20 minutes to autoclave something.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Yikes, luckily most washes would be in the 1 hour range. Doable. Thanks for posting that.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

You need to remember that post was from someone who really doesn't stand for anything and who just enjoys screwing with people to get a response...

Reply to
George

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 21:31:48 -0700 (PDT), RickH wrote Re My crappy new washing machine:

Well said.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

I know you're serious. So am I. You're stupid beyond belief!

You're stupid, so your inferences aren't worth much. I have all sorts of plans to keep myself busy when I really do retire. I "retired" because it was the right thing to do. I could collect my pension immediately, without penalty, and no credit for staying longer. They paid me a half-year's salary, plus nine-months benefits, to leave. I knew I could find another job (not there, but elsewhere) without a problem. Yes it would have been stupid to stay.

I'm nasty to total idiots on the Usenet, sure. It's a hobby. Too bad you qualify, perfectly.

You prove my point with each post. You're too stupid to read what's written. Now that we all agree that you're in idiot, go work on step 2.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

You can't read either. Figures.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

Precisely. It's possible that the dealer will be the manufacturer's representative (which is another reason to name both - conflict) and it's likely that one or the other will have the suit dismissed for one reason or another. You want to make sure someone is left standing. If the manufacturer claims that they're not responsible because the dealer is, and the dealer points back, you can let the judge release a fish without losing the case because *someone* is responsible.

Reply to
krw

No, it really does take 2+ hrs. Online reviews confirm this bizarre fact.

nb

Reply to
notbob

I don't know any that take that ling, but you don't have to hold its hand while it's running. If you like your weekends free, do laundry at night during the week. A load a night while watching TV works.

Reply to
krw